News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: High Volume Golf at The Villages in Florida...
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »
Sam I think those wodows and divorces would wear you out. You might not need to rent of do anything but just say HI!

Somebody has to do it, if I can get a few to write me into their wills. :-X

JLahrman

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »
My parents are currently considering retiring to The Villages.  The thought scares the heck out of me.

The parents of a friend of mine have a place at The Villages.

Every once in awhile, he and his twin brother (they're in there 30s) and their families with young children will use it for a cheap summer vacation. Just the thought of it is extremely amusing.

"The first thing you do here is buy a house. The second thing you probably do is buy a golf cart."

http://www.golfworldmagazine.com/golfworld/20120409?pg=51#pg51

Fairly certain The Villages won't be hosting any Hundred Hole Hike events anytime soon.

According to my friend, The Villages has gotten so expansive that the golf carts don't have enough of a charge to make it all the way across the property and back. Not sure how that's been resolved.

I don't think I'll be a target customer of The Villages down the road. However, my grandmother used to live in an independent living apartment along with other senior folks. It looked like fun; kind of like a college dorm for people in their 80s. Every time I visited her, there were people watching movies and playing cards in the main lobby. And they used to have quite a bit to drink at the parties (they were on such a first-name basis with the local paramedics that the EMTs were invited to the Christmas party). Once my grandmother learned what the term "friends with benefits" meant, she noted that there was a lot of that going on in her building.

After my grandfather died, she spent six years alone in her house not sure what to do. Once she decided to move to this place, she had constant activities and tons of friends. She was rarely in her room. She made it to 90; she probably would have gone a lot sooner had she stayed in her house.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:09:00 AM by JLahrman »

astavrides

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 12:39:53 AM »
In the coincidence dept., I actually just came home from trying to have a gander at The Villages golf course in San Jose (didn't make a special trip, happened to be in the neighborhood.  Got turned away at the gate though.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:22 AM »
My parents visited The Villages to look at real estate and all I got was this ugly hat.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Sam Morrow

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
My parents visited The Villages to look at real estate and all I got was this ugly hat.

If The Villages hired Doak or Hanse to do the next course I swear that this site would proclaim The Villages as one of the great golf epicenters in North America.

Ian Larson

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 12:58:06 PM »

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »
Looks like hell on Earth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdlW6ckdXFw

It may very well be hell on earth, but about the only thing The Villages doesn't have is its own cemetery.  :o

p.s. that makes Al Czervik happy
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »
Its the young guys like Sam there for cheap easy sex. The golf is average or even more so than the sex but a man needs something to do between girls.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
In the coincidence dept., I actually just came home from trying to have a gander at The Villages golf course in San Jose (didn't make a special trip, happened to be in the neighborhood.  Got turned away at the gate though.

You're nowhere near old enough!

Will MacEwen

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »

I'll raise with this video of "intricate" moves at the Villages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5CaYSnRBM&feature=related

No thread on The Villages is complete without the posting of the Golf Cart Drill Team video. Legendary.

Here's the book written about the...culture of The Villages and published a couple years ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Leisureville-Adventures-Americas-Retirement-Utopias/dp/0871139812
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Sam Morrow

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »
Its the young guys like Sam there for cheap easy sex. The golf is average or even more so than the sex but a man needs something to do between girls.

Dear Penthouse,

I never thought this would happen to me. I was at The Villages in Florida, I'd been turned away at Streamstrong (Doak and C&C on one property!!!!!!! :o) when I made a drive to do something every man wants, just like there site says, I was playing a Palmer in the morning and a Lopez in the afternoon! After my round I went to main street to see what kind of hell a guy like me could raise. I was looking good, a visor from NGLA, a shirt from Camargo, my Trues, oh and a belt from Peach Tree, that's when I saw her, her name was Georgina and I knew this GILF was going to give me the night of my life, or she'd die trying literally...........

To be continued

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
I must be one of the elders here. Just wait is all I can say.

At my "active adult" community in AZ, the saying is that midnight is 9pm.  ;D

Agreed, Steve. My parents live in Sun City Grand (part of the year), my wife's parents live in the original Sun City. All the "active adult living" surround the Phoenix metro area is no different than this, really. And has helped Greg Nash feed his family, as well.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »
One of the benefits of playing golf in an "active adult" community is that the courses are "senior friendly" and are rarely sloped at more than 125. My advice as your golfing skills dimiinish with  age is to play easier and shorter courses. ;D
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Howard Riefs

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 01:12:39 PM »

Dear Penthouse,

I never thought this would happen to me. I was at The Villages in Florida, I'd been turned away at Streamstrong (Doak and C&C on one property!!!!!!! :o) when I made a drive to do something every man wants, just like there site says, I was playing a Palmer in the morning and a Lopez in the afternoon! After my round I went to main street to see what kind of hell a guy like me could raise. I was looking good, a visor from NGLA, a shirt from Camargo, my Trues, oh and a belt from Peach Tree, that's when I saw her, her name was Georgina and I knew this GILF was going to give me the night of my life, or she'd die trying literally...........

To be continued

A magical combination of golf design, belt notching, appreciation for elders and creative writing.

Btw, there's a typo above.  It should be "GGILF"

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Sam Morrow

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »

Dear Penthouse,

To be continued

A magical combination of golf design, belt notching, appreciation for elders and creative writing.

Btw, there's a typo above.  It should be "GGILF"

Granny had a cheater line on her lower back.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
More on golf carts,etc at The Villages:

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47945099
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

PThomas

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 10:53:26 PM »

I'll raise with this video of "intricate" moves at the Villages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG5CaYSnRBM&feature=related

Will, you owe me three minutes of your life after i wasted three minutes watching the above....
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Jason Walker

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »
we'll all be old sometime....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back