News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Martin Toal

Chicago this Friday
« on: May 28, 2012, 06:30:59 AM »
Made a late decision to attend a conference in Chicago this weekend, and have a slot for a game of golf this Friday, somewhere within an acceptable cab ride from N. Michigan Ave.

Have played Harborside (both courses) on a previous trip about 10 years ago, and would be happy to try it again. Alternatively, would look at another public course somewhere in the area, maybe The Glen Club?

Would also love to play with a local GCAer if anyone is free.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:51:50 AM by Martin Toal »

Martin Toal

Re: Chicago this Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »
By the way, this is not an attempt at ... I have forgotten the colourful expression used here for it ...... trying to score an invite to a private club.

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
By the way, this is not an attempt at ... I have forgotten the colourful expression used here for it ...... trying to score an invite to a private club.

I believe the proper vernacular is access whoring. :o

Martin Toal

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »

Thanks. That is indeed the expression I was looking for, but like my tee shot on the 5th yesterday, it was tantalisingly near where I was looking, but could not be identified.  ;D

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »

Thanks. That is indeed the expression I was looking for, but like my tee shot on the 5th yesterday, it was tantalisingly near where I was looking, but could not be identified.  ;D

You are more than welcome and good luck in your quest. ;D

Terry Lavin

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
I'll be at Dismal River but otherwise would have loved playing again.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Sam Morrow

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »

Why aren't you going to be at Dismal in a month?

Martin Toal

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:25:44 AM »

Thanks Terry. Just had a look at the Dismal River website. Looks terrific. I hope you have a great trip. 

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 05:27:11 AM »
Martin are you sorted yet? I could get you a game at Flossmoor but it's a train journey from the city centre.
Cave Nil Vino

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back