News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard_Mandell

2011 Symposium on Affordable Golf White Paper
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:38:24 PM »
I finally completed my White Paper reporting on the 2011 Symposium on Affordable Golf.  If one visits the website, www.symposiumonaffordablegolf.com and then clicks on "Previous Symposiums", and visits the webpage for the 2011 Symposium, one can then scroll down beyond the agenda to see an Executive Summary on the White Paper.  Below that is a link to a pdf for the paper in its entirety.  Please feel free to take a look.

We are gearing up for the 2012 Symposium and registration is now open.  This year's Symposium will be expanded to a day and a half.  The dates are October 29 - 30 at Southern Pines Golf Club and once again there is no charge to attend.  I think that this year's speakers and topics are better than the previous two years and hope that more GCAers will show up than in the past.  We had 75 attendees each of the first two years and I am determined to get 200 there this year.

Also, if you haven't yet taken our GOLF YOUR WAY survey, please click on the link about it above our Mission Statement on the Symposium website homepage.  We have already had 530 participate and my goal is 1,000.  Please pass the survey on to as many people as you can.

Thanks.

Kris Shreiner

Re: 2011 Symposium on Affordable Golf White Paper New
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »
At a time when the game is searching to find its health, I can think of no better forum for a productive, insightful gathering of folks, that really care about bettering the game, and where it is headed, than the outstanding presentations Mr. Mandell and his team have hosted the past two Symposiums.

By all accounts, the second year built upon the first fine effort, and there is no reason to believe this year's event won't take it up another notch. But it starts with US! We all have busy lives and there are a million reasons to say one can't make it. Many on this site have no problem hitting up the GCA contacts and networks for THEIR golfing opportunities. That's a wonderful bonus that the camraderie and conviviality of the group provides.

Where is the best platform for the GCA group to come together, share time, to learn AND contribute insights on how to improve, in our own small, but impactful ways...the game?!

I would assert that it is best done at Rich's Symposium on Affordable Golf. The conversations are frank and even a bit unsettling for some of the PC bent. FANTASTIC! That is a sure sign progress is being made; when folks are brought to the point they really have to question what the hell they are really doing...is it the best approach? What can we do better? Who has solid options that can aid in effective change? All these questions, and many more...find fertile ground to germinate answers when astute folks who care come together to try and help a common cause.

My pledge to Rich was to bring ten folks to the 2012 Symposium. I have six who, to date, have commited. Few people walk the walk, and take the time and effort to organize something significant, with as many components required for it to be successful, on THEIR OWN DIME, as Rich has undertaken each year he hosted this event. HE DESERVES OUR SUPPORT! Probably more than any other person on this site from my view, given the expansiveness of what he has/is trying to stimulate for the game.

Pinehurst is a SPECIAL PLACE. Every time I leave there, I can't wait until the next time I return! If you've never been, it really gets no better than attending this event, with the epic weather usually found there that time of year, with the stellar group that convenes for this gathering...TREAT YOURSELF and register! You will be glad you did, and I defy anyone who attends with an open mind, and receptive ears, not to come away enriched, enlightened and empowered that there are some damn goods eggs around the game...that need to continue to step forward AND up... to make a difference. We ALL lose if we just sit on the hillsides and watch...hoping...something good will happen.

I look forward to attending my third Symposium on Affordable Golf, encourage you to register to join the gang, and again thank Rich for his dedication to making a difference during a critical time for golf... the game that so many of us claim as a major love in our lives.

Respectfully,

Kris 8)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:27:40 AM by Kris Shreiner »
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back