News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC and The Fort) - New Info
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »
Matt that sounds great.  1 pm at HH?  Just check with the other guys who mentioned these courses as they may have booked something already.  Also happy to help out if needed.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jason Thurman

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
Count me in for Trophy Club. I'm not aware of any tee times being made yet for that course on Sunday. 2-ish works fine for me.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Matthew Sander

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2012, 11:07:39 AM »
I have two tee times for Friday at Harrison Hills (1:00 and 1:08) and two for Sunday at The Trophy Club (1:51 and 2:00). Please post whether or not you are interested in either of these "non-Mashie" rounds. So far:

Friday at Harrison Hills

1. Jud Tigerman
2. Chris Sturges
3. Howard Riefs

Sunday at The Trophy Club

1. Jud Tigerman
2. Jason Thurman
3. Howard Riefs
4. Bill Seitz
5. Josh Tarble
6. Chris Sturges
7. Bret Swanson
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:19:11 PM by Matthew Sander »

Jason Thurman

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
Just FYI, I can't do Harrison Hills on Friday so there's an extra spot there.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

C. Sturges

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
Matt, Thanks for all your work on this trip!  Can I sign up for Trophy Lake also.  I will get back to you this weekend about the room if there is still room.  Not sure yet.
Thanks ,
Chris

Matthew Sander

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
Jason,

Got it, thanks.

Chris,

I have you down for Harrison Hills and The Trophy Club. We still have plenty of room in the officer's homes, so just let me know...thanks...

Matt
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:04:22 PM by Matthew Sander »

Howard Riefs

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC and The Fort) - Proposed Teams
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
Also, please either post or send me a PM with your hdcp (or ballpark estimate if you don't keep one) if you aren't already marked with a "*" for match pairing purposes.

I imagine it was my tee shot at Cantigny, Lakeside, 3rd hole that gave away my handicap...
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Paging Ward Peyronnin
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
Hi Ward,

I just wanted to make sure you were still in for the event. Since you committed pretty early, I just wanted to follow up. Also, do you plan on staying in one of the officer's homes, or do you have your own lodging? We have plenty of room, so just let me know...thanks...

For everyone else, please let me know if you are interested in one of the slots for Friday (Harrison Hills) and/or Sunday (Trophy Club).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:55:21 PM by Matthew Sander »

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Teams and Captains
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Hello all,

Jason Thurman has agreed to be the all-important captain for the East team. So far, this is how the teams are shaping up:

East
Jason Thurman - C
Josh Tarble
Brian Finn
Todd Housteau
Chris Sturges
Tim Liddy (Saturday)
Scott Sander (Saturday)
Chris Clouser (Sunday)
Bryan Sander (Sunday)

West
Matt Sander - C
Jud Tigerman
Bill Seitz
Mark Smolens
Rich Fray
Howard Riefs
Ward Peyronnin (please confirm)

The matches/pairings will be posted once Jason and I have a chance to set them up...

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Teams and Captains
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
I've received a couple of messages about paying for golf, lodging, etc. Green Fees will be paid at the courses. As mentioned in the OP, Broadmoor is $80/walk + $20 for a cart. The Fort will be $69 since we don't yet have 20 players.

For dinner at Broadmoor CC on Saturday night, each guest will have their own tab and will be able to settle before we leave. They do not accept American Express.

For those staying in the officer's homes at The Fort, I have paid up front because they require the first night's stay as a deposit. It is not confirmed how many are staying yet, but when it is I'll let you know and you can just pay me at the event.

If anyone else has any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Walk/Ride preferences
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2012, 11:34:32 PM »
Sorry to bother everyone again, but in making the pairings/matches, Jason T. and I thought it may be a good idea to know who intends to walk or ride.

Broadmoor is an easy walk. While The Fort is walkable, I don't think anyone would classify it as easy. The green to tee transitions are no sweat and very convenient. However, there is a bit of severe terrain in play on both nines.

If you could, please reply or send me a PM with your walk/ride intentions...thanks...

Howard Riefs

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2012, 12:02:08 AM »
Captain Sander,

Can you please slot me in one of the later tee times on Saturday at Broadmoor? I'll be driving up from a morning board meeting in Bloomington and want to make sure I don't cut it too close on time. 

Need anything from B-town?
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Howard Riefs

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
I'm in for Harrison Hills on Friday.

I'll be spending Friday night at the Sheraton Indianapolis (Keystone Crossing) if anybody going in early wants to split a room.

Also, anyone up for dinner at St. Elmo on Friday?

Chris Clouser

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »
For anyone intersted in seeing other offerings in the Indy area here is an article that Matt Ward put up this week.

http://www.back9network.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28400&ATCLID=205681136

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Additional Info
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »
Howdy y'all,

In order to make the dinner portion of Saturday evening run smoothly, the club has requested that we select our entrees beforehand. Keep in mind that the prices next to the entrees include all appetizers, bread, salad course, entree, dessert, and coffee/tea. Everyone will have their own tab, so additional drinks will be billed individually. Also, these prices do not include sales tax, or the club's service charge of 20% (which includes a 12% gratuity). Please reply or PM with your entree preference:

Grilled Salmon - $41.00
Mediterranean Chicken Breast - $36.50
12 oz. NY Strip (Include how you like your steak) - $47.95
Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta - $33.50

Thanks,
Matt

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:55:06 PM by Matthew Sander »

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Dinner Preference
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
I apologize if you're getting sick of me, but I just want to make sure everyone gets all of the important little tidbits. Here are a few more for the weekend:

-The attire for Saturday night's dinner should be slacks and a golf shirt or similar. No shorts please. We will have access to the locker room for freshening up after our round. Anyone needing a guest locker just needs to inquire at the pro shop upon arrival. The appetizer buffet will be served around 6:00 for our group, and dinner will be served when all of us are off the course and upstairs, I assume shortly after 7.

-Broadmoor does allow you to bring your own wine if you'd like for a corkage fee of $10.

-Broadmoor does accept credit cards, but they DO NOT accept American Express.

-For those staying at The Fort, the officer homes have plenty of room and full kitchens. Feel free to bring along any refreshments you'd like. Depending on how long the dinner/presentation go, we may be getting back there somewhat late in the evening, but I'm sure several guys will be up for a few drinks and socializing. I'll bring some breakfast items as well (fruit, muffins, etc...) for all of us.

-Lastly, for those of you that have not replied or PM'd with your entree preference, please let me know.

You'll be hearing from me again...take care...

Matt
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:58:02 PM by Matthew Sander »

Howard Riefs

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
One more time...

Jud and I are heading to St. Elmo for dinner that Friday at 8pm.  Who else is up for their world famous shrimp cocktail?

http://www.stelmos.com

Mark Smolens

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
Damn. I have an outing to attend on Friday afternoon or I'd be there with you Howard. And I just got a gift card for $50 for the restaurant in an on-line auction. . .

Howard Riefs

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
The momentum is building. So far, Chris, Jud and I are in for both Harrison Hills and St Elmo on Friday. Any other takers?

Damn. I have an outing to attend on Friday afternoon or I'd be there with you Howard. And I just got a gift card for $50 for the restaurant in an on-line auction. . .

Sorry to hear it.  You and your gift card will be missed.

Matthew Sander

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
To help out the numbers, it would be great if we could get one more participant for either both days or just Sunday at The Fort. If anyone can make it and is interested, please let me know. There are also spots available for the additional rounds at Harrison Hills (Friday) and The Trophy Club (Sunday).

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:21:11 PM by Matthew Sander »

Jud_T

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2012, 08:51:43 AM »
more importantly, where are we watching the Michigan/Notre Dame game?   8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jud_T

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »

Howard Riefs

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
more importantly, where are we watching the Michigan/Notre Dame game?   8)

3 miles east of Broadmoor on the way toward The Fort.

Kilroy's
831 Broad Ripple Ave
http://www.kilroysindy.com/index.aspx

Until now, I didn't realize that Kilroy's branched out beyond Bloomington

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Matches and Tee Times
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »
OK fellas, Jason (East Captain) and I (West Captain) have come up with Saturday's tee times and matches:

1:30 - Josh Tarble  vs.  Bill Seitz  (singles match and one of the Broadmoor pros may be accompanying just to fill out the group)
1:40 - Tim Liddy/Jason Thurman  vs.  Matt Sander/Scott Sander* (Better Ball)
1:50 - Chris Sturges/Bill Steele  vs.  Mark Smolens/Rich Fray (Better Ball)
2:00 - Brian Finn/Todd Housteau  vs.  Jud Tigerman/Howard Riefs (Better Ball)
*Scott Sander has been moved to the West team due to numbers. He also spent a good portion of his early professional career in Colorado (a time which I know he remembers very fondly), so that experience will suffice.

We tried to use similar handicaps to make the matches as competitive as possible. Individual groups can decide before they start whether or not they would like to stroke the match or play straight up.

We intend to come up with Sunday's matches (beginning at 7:45 am) at Saturday's dinner. Just think about whether you'd like to play a team match on Sunday or a singles match. You can let us know your preference on Saturday...

Matt

Howard Riefs

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC/The Fort) - Matches and Tee Times
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2012, 02:09:25 PM »
Nice job back-loading the matches.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back