News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Thurman

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - Updated (Participants Please Read)
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2012, 10:52:10 PM »
Are there guys interested in playing early Saturday or later Sunday? I've never seen Purgatory, which I'd like to visit, and Trophy Club is one of my favorites. There are a lot of other interesting courses in Indy too. I'd happily do 36 one of both days if anyone else is interested.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Jud_T

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
Jason,

I and possibly my buddy will play Trophy club Sunday afternoon as long as it's not too late as we have to make it back to Chicago afterwards.  Go ahead and book a couple if times of you don't mind...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:10:34 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Josh Tarble

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
Jason, count me in for either an early Saturday or late Unday round as well.  I don't have a preference on course.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
Jason,

I'm interested in playing Sunday afternoon at Trophy Club as well. Thx.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Bill Seitz

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 01:23:36 AM »
Also in for the Trophy Club. Wouldn't mind trying to get in a round at Kampen on the way down as well if the timing works out and it's not a Purdue weekend. Is anyone thinking about going down Friday afternoon?

Jud_T

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »
Jason,

It'll just be me for the Trophy Club, thanks.

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

John McCarthy

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
Alas, family commitments require my presence  and I must back out.  Sorry.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Howard Riefs

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 02:55:53 PM »
Also in for the Trophy Club. Wouldn't mind trying to get in a round at Kampen on the way down as well if the timing works out and it's not a Purdue weekend. Is anyone thinking about going down Friday afternoon?

No game in W. Lafayette. Purdue has an off week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2509/purdue-boilermakers

I'm not sure yet of when I'll go down; if it's Friday, I'd play Kampen with you.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Matthew Sander

Another bump...still room for those interested. Just post or send me a PM.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:26:19 PM by Matthew Sander »

Jud_T

I'd consider heading down Friday if anyone wants to hit Harrison Hills.  Really want to see that place.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/usa/harrison-hills-in-usa/

Howard Riefs

Even more excited about the Mashie after reviewing GCAer Criss Titschinger's great profiles of courses on the official and non-official agenda, respectively:

The Fort:  http://oinkgolf.com/indiana-public-golf/the-fort-golf-course-indianapolis-indiana

Trophy Club:  http://oinkgolf.com/indiana-public-golf/trophy-club

Criss Titschinger

Even more excited about the Mashie after reviewing GCAer Criss Titschinger's great profiles of courses on the official and non-official agenda, respectively:

Thanks for the kind words. I have a profile of Purgatory as well, but it's only half-written at this point. I've been really busy of late at and away from work, and golf and the blog have taken a back seat for a while.

I really wish I could join you guys for the Mashie. Last year, it was injury. This year, it's house work I need to get sorted. Hopefully 2013 will be my year.

I'm still sad about breaking that camera at The Fort. :(

George Freeman

Almost forgot!

Matt - I need to get you THE MASHIE!  It has been safely in my control since the inaugural Midwest Mashie (i.e. I have yet to lose).

Thanks again to Sean Arble for donating it!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Matthew Sander

Almost forgot!

Matt - I need to get you THE MASHIE!  It has been safely in my control since the inaugural Midwest Mashie (i.e. I have yet to lose).

Thanks again to Sean Arble for donating it!

George,

It'll be in good hands, and I'll do everything within the rules to make sure the good guys keep possession!

Matt

Matthew Sander

I've updated the original post with details regarding Saturday night's dinner. Here is the info:

Dinner: Saturday evening at Broadmoor CC immediately following the round. Hors d'oeuvres will be served beginning at 6:00. Dinner will be shortly thereafter, and everyone will have a choice of 4 entrees (salmon, chicken, new york strip, or a vegetarian pasta). The cost of the entire dinner, including the hors d'oeuvres, will range from $33.50 to $47.95 depending on your entree selection. That price does not include any adult libations, which will be paid for individually.

I'm going to assume that everyone playing Saturday is planning to attend the dinner. It should be a great opportunity to get to know some GCAers and there will also be a presentation/Q and A component, the specifics of which I'll post when they're finalized. If, for any reason, you don't plan to attend the dinner, please let me know so I can keep the club informed.

Thanks...

Matt

Philip Caccamise

May be able to play Saturday, depending on my work schedule for next month. Will let you know- would love to play Broadmoor!

C. Sturges

Hello,
If there is room for another player on Saturday and Sunday I would like to join!  Also planning on playing Harrison Hills Friday afternoon if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
Chris

Matthew Sander

Chris, I have you marked on the "In" list, and Philip is among the "Maybes". Philip, please let me know when you can...thanks...

Matt

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC and The Fort) - Proposed Teams
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
Below are the tentative teams (made up of those that are in for certain at this point) for next month's Mashie. I'm still waiting to hear back from several folks regarding their attendance, so there may be multiple additions and/or trades.

Also, please either post or send me a PM with your hdcp (or ballpark estimate if you don't keep one) if you aren't already marked with a "*" for match pairing purposes. In the past Mashie events, matches have either been played straight up or strokes were negotiated on the first tee. I only need them to try to create competitive matches.

Last thing for now, is there anyone from the proposed East team that would like to serve as captain? Don't worry, your duties will be minimal, only about 30-40 hours/week in addition to your current workload ;) We'll go with the first volunteer...thanks...

West

Jud Tigerman*
Mark Smolens*
Richard Fray*
Howard Riefs*
Bill Seitz*
Ward Peyronnin
Matt Sander*

East

Jason Thurman*
Tim Liddy* (Saturday only)
Brian Finn*
Todd Housteau*
Scott Sander* (Saturday only)
Josh Tarble*
Chris Sturges*
Chris Clouser (Sunday only)
Bryan Sander* (Sunday only)

* = denotes that I already have a handicap index/handicap estimate for you
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:53:26 PM by Matthew Sander »

BHoover

Matthew, I wish I could play, but I don't think I can make it that weekend. My work schedule in September is going to be rough. Probably best to take me off the "maybe" list.

I'm definitely going to try to make it work next year.

Brian

Matthew Sander

Matthew, I wish I could play, but I don't think I can make it that weekend. My work schedule in September is going to be rough. Probably best to take me off the "maybe" list.

I'm definitely going to try to make it work next year.

Brian

Brian,

Done, thanks for the heads up. Take care...

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (Broadmoor CC and The Fort) - New Info
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce that Ted Sturges and Bruce Hepner have agreed to give a presentation during the dinner portion of Saturday evening. Ted is a former Broadmoor member and served on the greens committee during their renovation process and Bruce was Renaissance's on-site associate during the renovations. After playing the course, I'm sure we'll find their experiences and insight into that process quite interesting. Ted, Bruce, and Tim Liddy will also be available for an informal Q&A following the presentation.

This should add to what is shaping up to be a great event...

Thanks,
Matt

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:37:18 AM by Matthew Sander »

Bill Seitz

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 11:53:21 PM »
Awesome, Matt. Thanks so much for taking the reins and putting this together. You're a worthy successor, at least for this year, to Mr. Freeman.

Jud_T

« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2012, 07:34:57 AM »
In for Harrison Hills and Trophy.  Do we have times set?

Matthew Sander

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »
Jud, I can't make it to HH or TC, but I'm more than happy to make the tee times. What time at HH on Friday?

Considering our Sunday AM tee times, plus the 40-45 minute drive from The Fort to TC, I think 1:45 or 2:00 should work. I think that still leaves plenty of daylight in Indiana, and those driving back to Chicago pick up an hour.

Let me know if this sounds OK.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:10:45 AM by Matthew Sander »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back