News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

RiverWatch
« on: April 21, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »
RiverWatch is an 18 hole public course in Smithville, TN, perched atop the hills above Center Hill Lake.  The course opened its first 9 holes in 2000, as a Peter Jacobsen and Jim Hardy design.  Something happened and they pulled out of  the project, with the owners looking to Nashville based GCA and fellow treehouse member Jerry Lemons to complete the golf course.

It's 30 minutes from my house so I've played the golf course fairly frequently since moving here 4 years ago.  There's a lot to like about it, a little not to like about it but all in all, at $30 for a cart w/GPS you're getting huge bang for your buck here.  Their season's just getting cranked up so you'll notice the greens have been punched and sanded recently.  The zoysia fairways are consistent throughout the golf course and do make for a good lie nearly 100% of the time.

Tee shot at 1 (Par 5)

Second shot at 1

2 (Par 4)  stay left of the little center line bunker

Second at 2

4 (Par 5)

5 (Par 4)

6 (288 yd Par 4)

7 (Par 3)

Long cart ride from 7 to 8

8 (Par 4)

9 (Par 4)

That's the front nine at RiverWatch. ...the back nine soon.

Eric
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:34:29 AM by Eric Smith »

Jerry Lemons

Re: RiverWatch
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »
Eric thanks for posting the pictures. We completed the front nine (originally the back nine) of Riverwatch after Jacobsen and Hardy left the project. The Owner had some conflicts that I never ask about but from what I understand it was cost containment.

The course is a nice treat for Middle Tennessee on a difficult site. Although some of the golf hole envelopes are not as wide as some newer courses, it is still very payable and a great challenge. The short 6th is a fun short par 4 that can be reached and 7 is a fun drop hole with the lake on the left.

Times flys and your the pilot !

Doug Ralston

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »
Eric;

I am still waiting for your pix from the second nine at Riverwatch. And, as the only person I know who played both, how would you compare RW to Dale Hollow?

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Doug Ralston

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »
Bumped in hope Eric will see and respond.

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
Jerry,
Were the pictures posted above your work or JH's?
Was it an inherited routing?
Did you change it if so?
Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 07:27:48 AM »
Speaking of Peter's couses - does anybody know how Oregon Golf Club is doing?

Jason Thurman

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
I haven't played Riverwatch, but have heard some good things and recently discussed it with a friend. Has anyone else played it? Any thoughts on it? How big a drive would you take to see it?
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Jerry Lemons

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »
Jerry,
Were the pictures posted above your work or JH's?
Was it an inherited routing?
Did you change it if so?
Cheers

Yes those are the pictures of the front nine which originally was designed as the  back. I made routing changes on 16-18.
Times flys and your the pilot !

Derek Dirksen

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
The course fits in real nice with its surroundings.  Nice work.  Looks like a bit of elavation on the site.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back