News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

Re: Shelman takes Chicago: Ravisloe, 4/7
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:07 AM »
It's a holy day of obligation for me, my wife's birthday, so I can't make it. Hit 'em straight.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Matthew Sander

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »
Howard,

Family plans have changed and I'm now in if there is still room. Thanks...

Howard Riefs

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
It's a holy day of obligation for me, my wife's birthday, so I can't make it. Hit 'em straight.

Mrs. Lavin doesn't want to spend her birthday day on the golf course?  Smart woman. 

Howard,

Family plans have changed and I'm now in if there is still room. Thanks...

Certainly.  Great to have you join us. 
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Howard Riefs

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
...Flossmoor Station for lunch?

I called up Flossmoor Station. They'll hold a large table for us if folks want to go to lunch afterwards.  

No need to rsvp to me for it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:47:59 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Howard Riefs

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »
Still have a couple open spots for Ravisloe on Saturday ... and beers afterwards with Jeff Shelman.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »
A couple housekeeping items for the outing at Ravisloe on Saturday:

Players
We have three tee times and have 10 confirmed to play.  As of now, we have room for two more players if anybody wants to join us.  

Confirmation
I provided the course a credit card to hold the three tee times and I'll give them a final number of players on Friday by 9 a.m. CT.  You don't need to confirm with me, BUT if there's even a chance you won't be able to play, please let me know. I'd rather be conservative and give the club a smaller number of players (I'll assume we'll still have three tee times) and then have you show up Saturday to play; then I can tell the club we have an extra player for our group.

Pairings
If you have any preferences on pairings, please send me a PM today or tomorrow. No promises but I'll try to accommodate requests if possible.

Tee Times
I'll post the tee times and pairings on Friday morning.  Our times are at 9:00, 9:09, 9:18.

Weather
Forecast for Saturday look nice as of now. High of 65*; low of 48*.

Looking forward to a great day. If you have any questions, please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:17:55 AM by Howard Riefs »

Zack Molnar

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
Howard,

I have managed to acquire last minute tickets to a little event down in Georgia, so I regrettably will not be able to make it to the outing on Saturday. Thanks for organizing and Im sorry to drop out so last minute. Hopefully we can get something organized in the summer. Let me know if anyone wants anything from heaven.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
Howard,

I have managed to acquire last minute tickets to a little event down in Georgia, so I regrettably will not be able to make it to the outing on Saturday. Thanks for organizing and Im sorry to drop out so last minute. Hopefully we can get something organized in the summer. Let me know if anyone wants anything from heaven.

Wow. Of all the creative excuses I've heard...

Seriously, congrats on the tickets and enjoy the trip. Look forward to hearing about the experience next week. 

Andrew Calcutt

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »
Howard,

I wondered if there was room for one more on Saturday?  If not, no big deal.  My schedule opened up and I thought I'd try.

Best,

Andrew

Michael George

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Believe it or not, with that group, I would have made the drive.

However, I'm in Naples, Florida with wife and kids - will post pictures of Olde Florida when I return. 

Thanks for the offer.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Howard Riefs

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »
Howard,

I wondered if there was room for one more on Saturday?  If not, no big deal.  My schedule opened up and I thought I'd try.

Best,

Andrew

Andrew,

Sorry I missed this yesterday as I was at Wrigley. We have room and look forward to having you join us Saturday.

Thanks!

Believe it or not, with that group, I would have made the drive.

However, I'm in Naples, Florida with wife and kids - will post pictures of Olde Florida when I return. 

Thanks for the offer.

Thanks, Michael. Have a great trip with the family.

Jud_T

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »

I was at Wrigley.

Bummer.  Only took 3 hours for a reality check....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Howard Riefs

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 10:05:07 AM »

I was at Wrigley.

Bummer.  Only took 3 hours for a reality check....

A perfect "welcome to Chicago" game for Theo and Jed.

I know better than to expect too much. As do all Cubs fans.

Jud_T

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
Yeah, but hope springs eternal.  This year will be especially difficult to stomach IMO as we wait for the big salary dump at the trading deadline and in the off-season.  I think more than half the payroll rolls off this year...All we can hope for is that Soriano and Byrd put up big numbers so we can at least get a little something for 'em...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Howard Riefs

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 11:15:27 AM »
Please see the first post on page 1 for Saturday’s pairings.

Yeah, but hope springs eternal.  This year will be especially difficult to stomach IMO as we wait for the big salary dump at the trading deadline and in the off-season.  I think more than half the payroll rolls off this year...All we can hope for is that Soriano and Byrd put up big numbers so we can at least get a little something for 'em...

Lots of Cubs contracts expire this year. http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/chicago-cubs/

We'll see Byrd, Dempster and Garza moved in July. Maybe Soriano if the Cubs eat a chunk of that $17 million/year.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »
Regardless of the Cubs struggles, I'm looking forwards to teeing it up tomorrow.

Looks lke we are going to have some decent weather as well.

See everyone in the morning.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
We had a nice day at Ravisloe despite the frost delay. Once we got going, the pace of play was good.

Would have liked to seen a little more pace on the greens, but other than that, it was in great shape. There are some good holes and some cool green complexes. That runoff area to the right of No. 1 quickly gives you a taste of what you are in for.

I doubt I'm going to play a more fun course for $39 this year.

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was nice putting names with faces. And if you are in Minneapolis, let me know and we can tee it up.

Jim Tang

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »
You guys had a nice day for golf yesterday.  I would have liked to join you but I had my wisdom teeth yanked out a week ago and I'm still recovering.  I would love to hear from others in the group and their thoughts on the course.  I've never seen Ravisloe.  Planning on seeing it this year.

Jud_T

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 11:07:03 AM »
It was a great day, even if I was paired with a couple of ringers.. ;)  The fairways were in surprisingly good condition, although as mentioned the greens were a touch slow.  This is my favorite public golf course in the metro Chicago area; and as a 6321 yard par 70, it shows that one doesn't need 7000 yards for a fun and interesting course for all players.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:34:42 AM by Jud Tigerman »

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »
Many thanks to Howard for organizing another fun outing at Ravisloe!

Matthew Sander

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »
A great day and great company. Thanks Howard for setting it up.

Howard Riefs

Re: Shelman takes Chicago: Ravisloe, 4/7 New
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
Thanks to all for making it a fun day on Saturday at Ravisloe. Thankfully the Bloody Marys helped take the focus off the "80 minutes...make it 60 minutes...actually 90 minutes frost delay."

A few course photos from the day.  

#2, 535 yards

#4, 181 yards

#10, 395 yards

#13, 550 yards

#15, 146 yards

#16, 390 yards

#17, 400 yards

#18, 355 yards (fairway bunkers)

#18 (greenside, left)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:46:23 AM by Howard Riefs »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back