News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Potash

Public Golf Near Prairie Dunes?
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »
I was fortunate enough to win a round at Prairie Dunes in the Colton raffle.  I have an extra day (a Friday), and was hoping to play a course not too far from Hutchinson, or somewhere between Kansas City and Hutchinson.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Brian

Sean Leary

Re: Public Golf Near Prairie Dunes?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:04:48 AM »
Jeff Brauer's Sand Creek Station would be my recommendation.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:06:36 AM »
Brian, I've been researching this s bit. SCS is the obvious choice.

Ken Moum

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:59:56 AM »
I was fortunate enough to win a round at Prairie Dunes in the Colton raffle.  I have an extra day (a Friday), and was hoping to play a course not too far from Hutchinson, or somewhere between Kansas City and Hutchinson.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you.

Brian

Sand Creek is a good choice.

DO NOT play The Highlands in Hutchinson. It's in dunes like PD, but with lots and lots of trees...narrow fairways and deep, thick  rough.

It's no fun at all.
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Brian Potash

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
Thank you Ken/Mark/Sean.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »
Brian,

SCS is just south of highway 50 on your way back from Hutch.  Hard to miss and you will see it just as you go over the RR yards on 50.  I think you will like the course (despite suffering to PD in comparison!) and could even do a double header, depending on how early your PD tee time is.

If your schedule is different, you can also consider Colbert Hills a few miles north of I 70 on your way back to KC, at Manhattan, or Firekeeper, a  few miles north of I 70 on 75, just west of Topeka.

They are ranked 1, 2, 3 for KS public courses by Golf Week, I think.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Sean Leary

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »
Brian,

SCS is just south of highway 50 on your way back from Hutch.  Hard to miss and you will see it just as you go over the RR yards on 50.  I think you will like the course (despite suffering to PD in comparison!) and could even do a double header, depending on how early your PD tee time is.

If your schedule is different, you can also consider Colbert Hills a few miles north of I 70 on your way back to KC, at Manhattan, or Firekeeper, a  few miles north of I 70 on 75, just west of Topeka.

Typical Brauer butt boy....

Ken Moum

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »
Brian,

Typical Brauer butt boy....

I think that's anatomically impossible.

K
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
Sean,

Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but he did ask for course recommendations all the way back to KC, and my recommendations fit his bill.....

Sean Leary

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
Sean,

Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but he did ask for course recommendations all the way back to KC, and my recommendations fit his bill.....

Sorry, I should have included an emoticon. My comment was 100% tongue in cheek....

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
SEan,

Well tongue in cheek is better than that other XXX in XXX you suggested!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back