News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Masters Round 3 Pin Sheet
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
Courtesy G. McDowell

Ben Sims

Re: Masters Round 3 Pin Sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
Some of those are brutal.  1, 3, 12, 13, 16, and 17 are all just really tough places to get to.  This should be a good day.  Weather and course conditions are pretty solid.   

Link Walsh

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
Actually I don't think 17 is that bad, is it?  It's pretty flat around there.  Of course if you pull it left into the trees off the tee, you're dead...

And 12 is where you would try to hit it everyday, isn't it? 

But you'll probably see lots of birdies and some eagles on 2, and 6 is a potential hole in one pin. 

I would hope they are playing the "up" tees with that pin on #4 today.  Otherwise, that's brutal. 

Ben Sims

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »
Actually I don't think 17 is that bad, is it?  It's pretty flat around there.  Of course if you pull it left into the trees off the tee, you're dead...

But you'll probably see lots of birdies and some eagles on 2, and 6 is a potential hole in one pin. 

I would hope they are playing the "up" tees with that pin on #4 today.  Otherwise, that's brutal. 

Link,

Having been on it a few times, that side of the green on 17 slopes away from the fairway.  It won't be a tough pin to putt if you stick it center green, but anyone trying for birdie will have to be very accurate and land it well short of the flag.

12 pin is just scary because it's about as wide as your bedroom right there.  As far as "where you would try to hit it everyday," that's fir guys like us.  These pros break it into three sections.  Left, middle, right.  Middle is the toughest due to lack of size, IMHO. 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »
Checking the scoreboard on masters.com, looks like Luke Donald made a 2 on #3!

Link Walsh

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »

Link,

Having been on it a few times, that side of the green on 17 slopes away from the fairway.  It won't be a tough pin to putt if you stick it center green, but anyone trying for birdie will have to be very accurate and land it well short of the flag.

Dude, watch how many golfers fire right at that pin on 17 today.  It's a short iron for pros, so a little slope away from them is no big deal.  Missing long or left is an easy up and down because it's flat (and a little bit uphill back to the pin as you stated).  if fact, people chip in there a lot.  Lots of easy pars, many birdies, and very few bogeys today (unless they block it right across that ridge).   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back