News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

The Ocean Course @ Kiawah
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »
Stumbled across this today and wanted to share. Some pretty cool photo's of the The Ocean Course.

http://www.kiawahisland.com/Ocean_Park/docs/OceanCourse-PeteDye.pdf
Integrity in the moment of choice

Matt Kardash

Re: The Ocean Course @ Kiawah
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »
Beautiful. Cool to read the little notes by Pete. If you just read his notes you would never imagine that he was talking about a course that got voted America's toughest!
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Jim Franklin

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Mr Hurricane

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
 :o
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mac Plumart

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:03:20 AM »
Very cool!

Thanks.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Matt Waterbury

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »
Having spent 4 days on the course back in November, I can tell you that some of the tee balls these guys will be looking at are crazy. We'll see how they set it up. Like at Whistling Straits, there are the tee boxes they have on the ground for media day that make it look impossible, and then there are the tee boxes they use on tournament day when the winds are up.

When you turn back towards the clubhouse on 14, if the wind is in your face, your heart just sinks knowing what you have in front of you - starting with a 200 yard par 3 to a table-top green that at least 1 guy will putt off of. And that is the easy hole! If it's one of those rounds where you are not hitting the center of the club, you have a lot of golf left...

Cheers,
Matt

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back