News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

"The Game of a Lifetime"
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
"Like almost anybody who has picked up a golf club, my stepfather has always had a fantasy: To play at the Augusta National Golf Club."

There are those magical stories of people who have gone out of their way to host at a golf club.

Here's one such amazing story told by Katie Rosman of the Wall Street Journal in 2005.  It really illustrates the beauty of the human spirit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113529608596529977-search.html

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Stephen Davis

Re: "The Game of a Lifetime"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
Incredible!!! I love reading stories of the generosity of people! I know very much how this writer feels. My greatest dream would be to play Augusta with my father. One of my greatest memories growing up was watching the Masters with my father and him telling me which way the ball was going to break. He has been my favorite golfing partner all my life and now he is starting to show serious signs of dementia. Both his mother and father have severe Alzheimer's and it is so hard to watch as someone loses their memories and loses parts of who they are. I applaud this man! A story like this is just so incredible!

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
Having just lost my dear mother-in-law, I am typing through the tears.
Some people get it.

Michael Taylor

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 03:57:14 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law Jeff.

What a truly incredible story. It really made my day.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 10:04:02 PM »
Thanks Howard

The host sounds like a very sincere and generous man who has had to go through his own personal tragedies.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back