News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

Maurice Flitcroft Rides Again !
« on: April 03, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »
We held the Euro-pro pre qualyfiers today and in the first round someone shot 116. The amazing 46 over par started with a series of hacks down the first to produce a double bogey and a 'top' off the par 3 second hole meant that Mohammed Arnold was 4 over for 2, things got worse with a quad bogey at the difficult third, a bogey 4 steadied the ship at the next but a series of duffed chips saw another snowman, a double bogey at the tough 6th even meant that he did not tee off last at the 7th as one of his partners took 7, though he did hit a second ball off the 7th so was still sort of off last, after finding his first he made a great 5 and a 6,6 finish to the front nine was now completed in 54. It was then that real distaster set in with a quintuple bogey 8 at the 10th and an septuble bogey 11 at the 11th, though in fairness the members normally play this as a par 5. A series of double and triple bogeys followed until the difficult 15th when he registered a fairly respectable 9, I did not see him putt and I wonder if he had holed from off the green, it must have inspired his game as he finished with a pair of fours at sixteen and seventeen, the later being a par 4. Finally on the 18th at +43 he even had the honour and at the last he rounded things off with a triple bogey 7 for a 116 (One hundred and Sixteen). Assuming he is allowed to play tommorow a 59 would see him miss the cut in which 55 of 103 golfers go through. Five players broke par with 67 being the best.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:24:14 PM by Adrian_Stiff »
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Jon Wiggett

Re: Maurice Flitcroft Rides Again !
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:03:05 PM »
When will the Tour finally start using mulligans combined with stableford so that the common man has a chance to compete ;D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
"Septuble bogey....."

Gotta love that one!   ;D

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »
Adrian,
Thanks for the blow by blow. It took a while to dredge up Maurice in my meory banks. It is hard watching as an official. We DQd one Flitcroftophile in a USGA qualifier at the turn as he walked across the street and his traditional spikes clacked across the macadam [against the competiton rules to wear them].
Bill
That pales in comparison to my nonuplet last year in a OGA tournament.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:21:07 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
Did he make the cut?  ;D
Cave Nil Vino

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
Did he make the cut?  ;D

Per website he retired after the first round. I feel sorry for his playing partners.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »
Well said Pete,

I once had the misfortune of playing in a European Tour school qualifier with a Canadian pro (name escapes me) who had been banned from tour events there and in Australia I believe who spent the first 15 holes swearing, club throwing and refusing to keep quite for others. On the 15th green he was cautioned by the official with our group upon which he threatened the official saying he would sort him out later and then left. Needless to say Neither I nor the third in the group played well.

Jon

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
Dude crossed the Atlantic and is now in Augusta, wearing a Sandy Lyle mask...
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back