News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin Lynch

LAST CALL EDIT:  We currently have six people on our trip, so we are scheduled as threesomes with morning/afternoon rounds.  If any of the Pinehurst-area locals would like to join us for some miscellaneous rounds, we would love to meet any GCAers.  I can't guarantee that the courses haven't filled our 4th spots, but if you're interested, I can send you specific tee times for Monday-Wednesday and will call the courses.

As for Thursday / Friday, the "Mystery Course" is not in the Pinehurst Area, but is definitely worth a trip to see.  if you may be interested in joining us for that leg of the trip, send me a PM, and I can give you more information.

EDIT: 1/2 Trip Option From the preliminary feedback I've received, I understand that it is difficult for many to get away for an entire week.  As a result, I am open to having people join us for only a portion of the trip (i.e. either the Sunday-Wednesday Pinehurst portion or the "Mystery Course" portion of the trip on Thursday / Friday).  

Please let me know if you may be interested in this alternative, as I realize a number of you have expressed a desire, but that the entire week is too much of a commitment.

Gentlemen,

I've organized a small trip to the Pinehurst area in mid-April. Right now, the trip includes Chris DeNigris, myself and some other Buffalo area friends (total of 5 right now).  However, we'd like to add one or two more guys, and have a week planned that we think may entice a few takers.  We have a four-bedroom house rented in Pinehurst, so we can easily fit some extras.  

Given the almost universal approval of GCAer character in some other threads, we're comfortable with extending this to the GCA community.  The agenda is:

Sunday, April 15th - Buffalo guys will be driving all day, so will likely miss golf.  However, Chris DeNigris and people living closer will likely play Tot Hill Farm that afternoon.

Monday - 36 Holes at Tobacco Road

Tuesday - 36 Holes at Southern Pines. One of the 18s may be played with Hickory, as a few of us bought some Hickories over the winter (but not mandatory).

Wednesday - 36 Holes at Dormie Club

Thursday/Friday - Mystery Course that is very worthwhile (I can explain the mystery offline).

If you may be interested or available, send me a PM and I can send you some additional details and pricing.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:51:22 PM by Kevin Lynch »

Kevin Lynch

If I don't respond quickly tonight - it doesn't mean spots are filled.  I'm just heading out to see Van Halen tonight, so I'll be a little occupied.

PCCraig

A nice itinerary indeed!

I'll be down there the weekend prior to you guys, but thanks for the open invite.

First time to Pinehurst??
H.P.S.

Howard Riefs

Hope not. A first trip to Pinehurst without stepping foot on No. 2 is sacrilegious.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

PCCraig

Hope not. A first trip to Pinehurst without stepping foot on No. 2 is sacrilegious.

Actually, going to Pinehurst and not going to the Track for breakfast is sacrilegious!  :)

haha...#2 is a must see, but they have a pretty solid itinerary so far. I like their 36 holes a day pace...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:48:52 PM by PCraig »
H.P.S.

Kevin Lynch

A nice itinerary indeed!

I'll be down there the weekend prior to you guys, but thanks for the open invite.

Taking advantage of the Easter weekend specials, Pat?  I saw ads for some deep discounts that weekend, but hard to schedule trip while my 7 yo is off from school.

Not my first time to the area, but it is for a few of the guys.   Courses were pretty much selected for us.  Need to hit Dormie (while available), Southern Pines (for Hickory), and Tobacco is must see for a first-timer.

But, just to entice people, the "Mystery" course may be the highlight of the trip.

PCCraig

A nice itinerary indeed!

Taking advantage of the Easter weekend specials, Pat?  I saw ads for some deep discounts that weekend, but hard to schedule trip while my 7 yo is off from school.

Not my first time to the area, but it is for a few of the guys.   Courses were pretty much selected for us.  Need to hit Dormie (while available), Southern Pines (for Hickory), and Tobacco is must see for a first-timer.

But, just to entice people, the "Mystery" course may be the highlight of the trip.

No Easter Specials Kevin. Heading down with friends for Masters weekend (golf all day, DVR'd Masters Coverage and heavy drinking at night).

You're killing us, what's the "mystery" course? ;)

And my statement regarding the Track stands...visit for breakfast before your rounds at Dormie. The busciuts and gravy are incredible and industrial strength.  :P
H.P.S.

Kevin Lynch

A nice itinerary indeed!

No Easter Specials Kevin. Heading down with friends for Masters weekend (golf all day, DVR'd Masters Coverage and heavy drinking at night).

You're killing us, what's the "mystery" course? ;)

And my statement regarding the Track stands...visit for breakfast before your rounds at Dormie. The busciuts and gravy are incredible and industrial strength.  :P

Building anticipation on the "Mystery" Course. I can share via PM, but there are reasons for not doing publicly.

As for dining, I will try the Track. There was an all-you-can-eat just down from the Pit that I loved, but I can't remember the name (southern food). However, I think it may have closed.

Bruce Wellmon

Chance I could do Sunday at Tot Hill. Never played it. Would complete my Stranz east coast 7.
I'll check.

Ronald Montesano

Charging over $20 per hole is sacrilegious, so #2 can wait...forever.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

PCCraig

So the mystery course isn't in Pinehurst, but it's a goodie in case anyone is interested.
H.P.S.

Tim Martin

So the mystery course isn't in Pinehurst, but it's a goodie in case anyone is interested.

The mystery course is definitely a winner and Kevin has a great itinerary set up. I wish I could make it. 

hhuffines

So how was Van Halen?

Kevin Lynch

So how was Van Halen?

Overall, a great show and Kool & the Gang was fantastic opening act.

However, Diamond Dave irked me a few times.  Performing "Hot for Teacher" without the line "I don't feel tardy" or singing "Oh my God!" at the end is inexcusable.  Bad enough, but then went into "Panama" and completely blew off the "Reach down between ...... ease the seat back" lines.  He was mumbling something about Alberqueque instead.

Kevin Lynch

Chance I could do Sunday at Tot Hill. Never played it. Would complete my Stranz east coast 7.
I'll check.
Bruce,

That would be great, even if you just for a small portion. Always fun to meet up with other GCAers.

If you firm that up, you may want to coordinate via PM with Chris DeNigris, as he'll be playing from our group. Simply too long a drive from Buffalo to tee off in Asheboro at a reasonable time.

PThomas

wish I could Kevin, seems like a great trip
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Andy Hughes

Great lineup Kevin--the mystery course is one of my true favorites. And the guys on the trip aren't too bad either!  ;)

I have tried and tried to make this work but just can't.
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Bruce Wellmon

I'll check.
Bruce,

That would be great, even if you just for a small portion. Always fun to meet up with other GCAers.

If you firm that up, you may want to coordinate via PM with Chris DeNigris, as he'll be playing from our group. Simply too long a drive from Buffalo to tee off in Asheboro at a reasonable time.
Our daughters have a dance competition that weekend. I won't know until last minute if I can play based on their schedule.

Kevin Lynch

Hi Bruce,

No problem working on short notice.  The Tot Hill Farm round is Sunday afternoon, so I think we'll have flexibility. 

However, you can keep me updated via PM if you'd like.

Kevin Lynch

Taking a last shot to find some interested parties.

I modified the original post to see if people were interested in just committing for a portion of the trip, as I recognize that it may be hard to commit to the entire week (Sunday-Friday).

Thus, if anyone is interested in playing for a portion of the trip, let me know.  There is a logical breaking point between the Pinehurst Portion (Sun-Wed) and the Mystery Course (Thurs/Friday).

Bruce Wellmon

Sorry guys. I'm out per the dance schedule.
Have fun.

Kevin Lynch

Re: LAST CALL - Pinehurst Area Trip - Dormie/S.Pines/T.R.+"Surprise"
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 01:55:01 PM »
Bruce, no problem at all.  Sorry we won't be meeting you.

However, since your response bumped this thread to the top, I thought I'd use the opportunity to open up an invitation to any locals that may be willing to join us for miscellaneous rounds during our visit (we have 6 golfers).

Also, on a longshot that someone may be interested in making it to the "Mystery Course" on Thursday / Friday, that may still be possible.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
*sigh*  :'(

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:22 AM »
*sigh*  :'(

Sorry to re-open that wound, Andy.  Next Year??

Andy Hughes

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
There's always next year!  Maybe even this Fall....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back