News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bruce Wellmon

Re: Mike Whitaker
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »
Having been with Mike, along with several others in this group, on Sunday and Monday, this comes as quite a shock.
Mike, I hope both you and your wife are feeling better.
                                                                              Bruce

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »

Michael

I am pleased to see you are posting again. Follow the Doc’s orders as life is indeed worth the pain – well that’s what my brother said after his recent attack.

Once you are better I trust it will be walking and not carting ;)

Just think of the fun you are going to have arguing over my posts again, that should encourage you on your road to recovery.

Melvyn

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »
Mike,

Our inability to pick our grandparents often determines our fate.
Genetics influences our health and lives more than most realize.

Glad you're OK.
Your recognition of the symptoms and quick thinking reduced the potential damage and guaranteed your survival.

Modern medicine is really spectacular.

Taking an aspirin/ecotrin every day saved my life as I was 99 % blocked in my LAD.
I would encourage everyone to consult with their internist/cardiologist about the preventive benefits of taking 85mg of Ecotrin every day.

Soon, you'll be back on the course and hitting the ball better than ever.

Stay well

PThomas

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »
glad you are better Mike, my family has you in our prayers
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Sean Walsh

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 11:41:34 PM »
Glad to hear you are recovering well Mike.

All the best.  Just means you'll need some more fresh Barnbougle air. ;D

hhuffines

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »
Mike, ditto on the wishes for a speedy recovery from a fellow Southern Dixie Cupper!!!  Hart

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »
So sorry to hear this, and I hope Mike bounces back quickly.  If anyone has the energy and positive outlook to help with that, he does.  I've gotten to play golf with Mike a couple of times, and he is truly one of the good guys.

Mike, if you read this, I'm hoping to be at Caledonia the last week in July as usual, and hoping you can join us again. 
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 12:11:54 AM »
Mike,
Thanks for the update and that you have an excellent prognosis. Enjoy a speedy recovery.

Jason Topp

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »
Mike - I went through the range of emotions with this thread.  Do whatever you are supposed to do.  I expect to see you in Cabo.

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 01:09:52 AM »
Take good care of yourself Michael.
All of us Down Under hope you get back to 100% as soon a possible.

Augusta will be waiting for you next year.

Matthew
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Bill_McBride

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 01:26:28 AM »
Shit Whitaker, just got home right after midnight and you scared the hell out of me!

Get better fast and do whatever you have to stay healthy.

Best to you and Nancy.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 03:10:30 AM »
I too was shocked to read Joe's post and delighted to scroll down through the good wishes and see Mike posting. You are a good friend buddy, take it easy and make a full recovery. Love and best wishes to you and Nancy.
Cave Nil Vino

James Boon

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 03:26:23 AM »
Mike,

After the shock of the opening post I'm glad after reading on that you are getting better!

Wishing you all the best and hoping to catch up at Buda where we can discuss films again (never got round to this year, I'd watched your recommendations from the year before and both were well worth it)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 03:30:00 AM »
Mike,

good to hear that you are recovering well. I hope you still make the trip to the Highlands this year for a bit of R&R.

Cheers,

Jon

Scott Warren

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 04:43:01 AM »
My heart missed more than a few beats when I read the OP of the thread and I can't describe the relief that Mike is well. Though having walked about 40 rounds in 30 days across three countries last March on his 60th birthday world tour, it should come as no surprise that Mike is built of tough stuff.

Mike, sorry if your phone just woke you up in the wee hours, I added two hours from Sydney before changing PM to AM, instead of subtracting two. 4.30am. Oops!

Steve Lapper

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 06:20:58 AM »
Mike,

On behalf of all your Yankee friends, get better swiftly. You are in our prayers!!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Mike Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »
Also glad to hear you you are recovering Mike.  Stay well!

Joe Bausch

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2012, 07:15:01 AM »
Oh so happy to hear all is all MDub.   ;D

I hope this doesn't mean you now expect 2 a side from me.   ;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

James Bennett

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 07:19:48 AM »
Mike

so pleased to see such a lucid post.  I expect you feel signifcantly better after the three stints were inserted.

A good cardiologist is valuable.

best wishes for your recovery

James B (OZ)
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bill Brightly

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:02 AM »
Great too hear you are doing well Mike! Since you can't play golf today, I am off to the course now to play for the both of us and will be thinking of you.

Tim Martin

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
Mike- You are in my prayers. Hang tough and we will see you very soon on the golf course.

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
Michael I also want to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery, and I hope to see you again soon!

Steve Wilson

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 08:53:28 AM »
Mike,

As a heart attack survivor myself, I feel more than a little empathy for your situation.  Sorry to hear about your family history, but as you say modern medicine is truly miraculous.  Hang in there, and I am sure you will make a full recovery and soon be back on the golf course soon.

I was truly surprised to read this as you give the appearance of being the picture of health.  I blame the year you spent in New York.

Regards, best wishes, prayers, and thanks for all the Dixie Cups.

Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 09:13:42 AM »
Mike,

As a heart attack survivor myself, I feel more than a little empathy for your situation.  Sorry to hear about your family history, but as you say modern medicine is truly miraculous.  Hang in there, and I am sure you will make a full recovery and soon be back on the golf course soon.

I was truly surprised to read this as you give the appearance of being the picture of health.  I blame the year you spent in New York.

Regards, best wishes, prayers, and thanks for all the Dixie Cups.

Now that's funny!  Nice shot Mr. Wilson.

Tim Bert

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »
Mike - Best wishes for a full and speedy recovering. Honestly your age being mentioned in this thread was as surprising to me as the news of the heart attack. You looked a full 15 years younger than 60 when I met you and that was less than 5 years ago.  Hope you are back on the course soon!  So glad to hear you are ok.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back