News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Re: Tiger Bernhardt
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
Keep fighting,Tiger. You're in my thoughts.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 12:13:05 AM »
Keep fighting, and score a late touchdown to snatch victory. My prays are with you.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 02:56:37 AM »
Tiger, sending some NorCal "mojo" your way.  All the best, KR
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »
Geaux Tiger!

Knowing just a little bit about your challenges, it was with much happiness that I noticed your return to posting in recent months, and I  want to tell you how much I have enjoyed those posts. The joy and optimism, the appreciation for what really matters in this great game we play, just shine through.

Whenever I read one it's like a bell tolling...for me...to be less petty, less judgmental, and more forgiving.

Hot boudin and cold coosh coosh -- c'mon Tiger, poosh poosh poosh!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
Tommy, Thank you so for your touching and deeply meaningful thoughts and prayers for my return to good health. As most of you know I have been blessed with making many friendships on here over the years. Many of you have posted here as well. Thanks you so. Katie and I got this news of a recurrence 10 days ago. It was completely unexpected and frankly was just a routine biopsy on the granulated tissue near my trach. The last 10 months had been one of healing and rehab after treatment and surgery with hopes to regain function and to build as near to an active life as possible. That has all changed now to is a period of changing expectations from one of a curative treatment to extending life. It has been a struggle to say the least. Yet, As I read your thoughts and prayers it reminds me of how very special every day we have on earth is and to make the most of each one. I am in God's hands and pray he will heal me and help me find the strength to make the most of this and extend life far into the future. I started the new treatment program last week. Naturally the chemo hit me hard this weekend, so bed has been home for a few days. Clearly that is not the way to make the most of each day.  Pat said it well. It is Masters week and all of us love it. I am certainly in the club. I will learn more about what to expect this week when i meet with the medical team again. The first thing is to stop and shrink back to nothing the current tumor. Then I can address quality of life etc. Thank each of you so much for your prayers, emails and texts of support and friendship. They mean so much more than you know. I certainly know cancer and other life challenges effect all of us either personally or through family and friends. Thank you for taking time to include me in your thoughts and prayers. This reflects the best of GCA and each of us personally. Thanks again Tiger

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Thank YOU, John. My prayers too will be with you.
Peter

George Pazin

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »
Stay strong, Tiger. As I said on Mike W's thread, the world needs more people like the two of you.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Ben Stephens

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 03:56:36 PM »
Tiger,

Get Well Soon! Live for the day

Carpe Diem

Cheers
Ben

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »
Tiger,
As usual WIN
Yancey

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 12:39:59 AM »
Just finished a prayer, and will continue to do so.  Hate to hear that about one of our family here.

We all wish you well, and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »
My family has been hit by cancer recently and I'm fortunate to say I've seen it be beaten. Keep the faith.
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:49 AM »
Good luck Tiger.
Let's make GCA grate again!

BCrosby

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:52 AM »
Tiger - This of all weeks you will be in my thoughts.

Give 'em hell. 

Bob

Brock Peyer

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »
Praying for you Tiger.

Eric Smith

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »
Keep fighting Tiger. I wish you well and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Eric

John Keenan

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
I have not had the great opportunity to meet you in person but have felt I  knew you from reading your posts over the years.  You are in my thoughts and prayers as you take on this new challenge. I look forward to reading and enjoying your posts for many years to come

John 
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back