News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

Nairn Dunbar--any thoughts?
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:41:52 AM »
I'll be playing 36 there in a tunamint 10-11 days from now.  People I repect say that it is far tougher (and maybe even better) than its more highly exalted neighbour "The Nairn."  Any suggestions, experiences or swing tips from those who know?
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Niall C

Re: Nairn Dunbar--any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
Rich

I played it last year and really enjoyed it. Its all links even though you can't see the sea but the holes do differ quite a bit. In hindsight the first half dozen holes are excellent and the best on the course IMO in that they have a lot more going on and are very linksy in movement. The middle holes are newer, not bad but definitely a different feel, and a bit narrower. The final stretch is flatter and a good bit more open.

Not sure about the clubhouse as I only went in to change my shoes. Now, if they had only spent £4m............

Niall

Rich Goodale

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »
Thanks, Niall.  I'll remember to open my shoulders on the 13th tee.  As for the clubhouse, who cares!
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:41:15 PM »
Rich,

Played there about ten years ago after a round at Nairn. I found it a much tougher course than its vaunted neighbor.

My memory of Nairn was the miniscule size of its pro shop, even smaller than Cypress Poiint. Some years later a member left the Club a chunk of change to build a new one that changed the tone of the place.

Bob

Niall C

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »
By my reckoning, the Laird of Aberdour must have played the course by now so looking forward to reading his review.

Niall

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back