News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Happy...
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »
Birthday (if it truly is) to Patrick Mucci.

A guy who foments more argumentation and debation than any other on this discussion complexity (a good thing.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Anthony Gray

Re: Happy...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »

Happy Birthday Pat. Maybe you can finaly get on Pine Valley this year.

Anthony

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
Ron: I must not have had enough coffee today -- I just "got" the thread title! Nicely done -- a clever homage to one of Pat's many stylistic signatures.

Happy birthday, Patrick. Keep making birdies, keep eyeing the birds...

Peter 

Joe Bausch

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:41:47 PM »
Happy Birthday Pat!  I hope you have a big birthday cake with a big ole pimple of extra icing.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
Many Happy returns of the day Mr Mucci....

Michael George

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
Happy Birthday Patrick.  I hope one day to make your acquintance.

In the meantime, can someone say something stupid about a New York or New Jersey legendary golf course so Pat can correct them. 

BTW - re: the recent discussion on #3 at NGLA, reading "Brassies, Mashies and Bootleg Scotch" - really easy and entertaining read.  Reminds me of the stories Patrick provides on the site.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

John Keenan

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

and many many more

John
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »

Ron,

Thanks.

Yes, today is my 70th and I had a spectacular, all day, birthday celebration, and..... I didn't play golf.

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to my 80th

GCA.com and the people I've met on GCA.com have been assets in my life.

Ron Forse introduced me to GCA.com and I quickly made the acquaintance of Ran Morrissett and many other interesting golf course architecture fanatics like myself.

Participating on GCA.com has been informative and fun.

Thank you to all those sending birthday "wishes".

Let's hope that all of us enjoy many, many more happy birthdays.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

Dan King

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »
Do you think it is coincidence or design that Patrick and Aretha Franklin were born on the same day?

Cheers,
Dan King
I sing to the realists; people who accept it like it is.
 --Aretha Franklin

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 01:08:00 AM »
Happy Birthday!
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

David_Elvins

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 01:14:02 AM »
Happy 70th Birthday Pat.  Keep hitting it like a 50 year old. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:00 AM »
70??  Geez Pat, the last time I saw you, you didn't look a day over 64!!! You must work out. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »
Happy Birthday Pat! Keep posting, questioning, and rebutting!
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »
Happy 70th Birthday Pat.  Keep hitting it like a 50 year old. 

David,

Thanks, that's a great birthday wish.

Unfortunately, I'm 99.9 % sure that I tore my Meniscus the other day when, of all things, I tripped over a wastepaper basket.
I don't think I'll be playing golf for a while.
I tried playing, but may have exacerbated the situation.

It just goes to show you that you never know what each day will bring, so you'd better enjoy each day while you can.

As my father advised me, "The 'Golden Years' aren't so golden, so have as much fun as you can, while you can."

I've tried to live by those words since the day I was born and will continue to try to live by them until the day I die.

One of my motto's, other than, "I never met a fairway or green I didn't like", is..... "you can't play enough golf"
Be responsible to your family and business, and then play as much golf as you can.

This ain't a dress rehersal.

So, as The Mad Hatter in "Alice in Wonderland" indicated, don't just celebrate your birthdays, but your unbirthdays as well

Bruce Katona

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
Pat: Ice, Ace & when we do meet and play gof (with jerry Vogel), I want several strokes a side.  I'll only play you even if you promise to entertain us with your stories at the post round hydration session.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
And onc emore, with feeling, happy birthday Mu! See you in two months:)
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Howard Riefs

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »
Happy belated birthday, Pat.  I hope your knee heals soon.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »
Pat: Ice, Ace & when we do meet and play gof (with jerry Vogel), I want several strokes a side.  I'll only play you even if you promise to entertain us with your stories at the post round hydration session.

Bruce,

Thanks.

Jerry is one of my favorites.  We've been playing together for over 40 years.

I'll try the ice and Ace, but, I think the MRI will indicate that surgery is the only cure.
Another doctor at HSS advised me to avoid surgery if possible.
I guess it comes down to the severity of the injury, and life style decisions.
I don't think I helped the situation by playing in a few Member-Guests and practicing.
Post round hydrations are mandatory.

David_Elvins

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm 99.9 % sure that I tore my Meniscus the other day when

Sorry to hear Pat.  at the very least you have to time these things better and stop going in for surgery at the start of the golf season.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:46:07 PM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
Happy Birthday Pat,

It gets easier to shoot your age now.

Best wishes.

Bob

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »
Bob Huntley,

Thanks

Shooting my age has escaped me by one stroke since I turned 67, when I really had my best shot at it, but a three putt from 20 ft on the 6th hole foiled my chances.

While I'm driving well, my iron play is becoming more dreadful.

Maybe the hiatus will be good for me.

David,

I used to play football, hockey and basketball until February 1st every year figuring that if I broke some bones prior to Feb 1st, that I'd be in a cast for six weeks with another six weeks of rehab and be ready to play golf by May 1st, but I never figured that a wastepaper basket would wreck my schedule.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
Unfortunately, I'm 99.9 % sure that I tore my Meniscus the other day when

Sorry to hear Pat.  at the very least you have to time these things better and stop going in for surgery at the start of the golf season.

Happy Birthday Patrick! Are you sure you can use a word like that on this very public website?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back