News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Strulowitz

Atlanta GCA outing Tuesday July 10 New
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:13:46 PM »
This is a preliminary announcement so that you can all clear your calenders and plan for a wonderful day out at Rivermont Country Club.  We will have the club to ourselves, as the club is usually closed on Tuesdays.   GCA members and their guests are most welcome, all you need to pay is cart fee!

I am recommending the following format.  Open play in the am and some type of tourney in the pm, most likely a scramble type format.  We will conclude the day with presentations of awards and if anyone is interested in going out for dinner there are plenty of good choices locally or perhaps we can have pizza and brew again at the club as we did last year.  

Now for those of you who are interested in coming in on Monday or will be free that day anyway, I wll gladly host a round or two at my club, Eagle Watch in Woodstock.  This is an Arnold Palmer layout,  with a lot of rolling fairways and wetlands, it is a very fun and challenging course.  And I  can make suggestions for lodging if needed and be happy to coordinate dinner for whomever is interested.  

I would appreciate at this time just a tentative indication of interest and the number of guests you might bring.  Also,  let me know if you are interested in the Monday round.  In early June, I will announce this outing again and ask for formal committments and headcounts.   My email is
Hope we get a great turnout and Chris thank you again so much for making Rivermont available to us.  

Eric Strulowitz
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:55:54 PM by Eric Strulowitz »

Mac Plumart

Re: Atlanta GCA outing Tuesday July 10
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »
"in" for the Tuesday
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:14:54 PM »
I'm going to do my best to make this work, I've wanted to get down to Rivermont for the past couple of years!  I might have one guest, who grew up on the "old" Rivermont (Chris, do you remember Gary Morris?  Pretty good player, played for the College of Charleston).  I'd love to make it a two day, but will have to see how things are going.

Thanks, guys!

Jamey

Anthony Gray

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:25:39 PM »

I'll take photos

Anthony

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:20:42 PM »
Pencil me in!

I'll come down from NJ. Looking forward to seeing the "Merion" style baskets in yellow and also to meeting some of the southern GCA contingent.

Malcolm

Mac Plumart

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
Hey...if anyone is coming down from any distance and wants to see some other courses in addition to Rivermont and/or Eagle Watch, let me know which ones and I'll see what I can do.  Please send me an email or IM for this aspect of the trip.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »
I'm in for Tuesday. Thanks!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike Hendren

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »
Planning on it.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
I thought the dates we were talking about were in April or in the worst case scenario may.....why are you going all the way out to July?

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
Monday...in
Tuesday...in
How many other days can we plan?
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
April and May would be non-starters for me anyway, so thanks for moving it to July that gives me a pretty good chance of making it happen.  Oh by the way I forgot to mention I would probably bring one guest at least.

Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »
I live just a few minutes from Rivermont and don't work in the summer, so I'll hope to be there.  I have serious illness in my family and am traveling regularly to NC, so it is impossible for me to predict what will going on around 7/10.  Maybe as we get closer I'll know more; I'd love to join in if possible.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Eric Strulowitz

Re: Atlanta GCA outing Tuesday July 10 New
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 04:15:07 PM »
I thought the dates we were talking about were in April or in the worst case scenario may.....why are you going all the way out to July?

I have few dates in April and May I am so busy I have a few half days at best.  

I have emailed back and forth with a few  who could not commit to the next two months but if they had more time they could clear their schedules.

Many of us are so busy with work and family, and that is a good thing.  Sure beats the alternative!

Bottom line is when organzing these events, you will make some happy, you will disappoint some.  A July date gives a lot of advance notice and will hopefully allow more to attend then on relatively  such short notice.    Hope you can make it Joel!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:22:53 PM by Eric Strulowitz »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back