News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bradley Anderson

Back to Front Sloped Tees
« on: March 17, 2012, 04:19:26 PM »
I have several tees on my course that are sloped from back to front by 1 to 2%. I am not a good enough player to judge of it makes that big a difference, but I am inclined to rebuild them the opposite way with the front being at least 1% higher than the back. This would involve moving quite a bit of material and regrading the slopes to match the new grades. Fortunately the mix is good material and it can be recycled.

I would appreciate it if the architects on this site would comment on what they would do and if they have any tips on how to do it most efficiently.

Neil_Crafter

Re: Back to Front Sloped Tees
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:48:23 PM »
Bradley
As tees are normally longer than they are wide having the slope back to front or front to back can mean quite a fall between the front and rear edges. We usually have a cross fall on our tees of 1% and the fall direction away from the side where the golfer enters the tee - for obvious reasons.
cheers Neil

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »
Bradley,

look at the natural fall of the land around the tee and just follow that.

Jon

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

“look at the natural fall of the land around the tee and just follow that.”

Now would that be natural as Nature left it or natural as manmade?

Melvyn

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »

“look at the natural fall of the land around the tee and just follow that.”

Now would that be natural as Nature left it or natural as manmade?

Melvyn

Melvyn

it means look at the way the way the land is sloping (naturally) around the teeing ground and slope the tee to this so as to allow the water to follow its natural course.

Jon

Jimmy Cavezza

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
Do these holes play downhill?  Is there a drainage issue?  The first thing you should do is shoot grades and see what you have.  This will help you determine how to fix the problem and how much work it will take.  Shoot grades on the tees and all drainage areas around the tees.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back