News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Joines

Thanks Niall. Wow, what a difference!

Niall Hay

Thanks Niall. Wow, what a difference!

It really is night and day. The video and pictures really don’t do it justice. Keith Foster, the Super Aaron McMaster and his team really outdid themselves. The work is fantastic and the course is really unique in the area.

BCowan

Photos taken 5/6/14 (post restoration)
OLCC #2

OLCC #2 Greenside

OLCC #3 Tee

OLCC #3 Green

OLCC #4

OLCC #5

OLCC #6

OLCC #7 One of the best long par 3's I've played photo coming at a later time

OLCC #8 Tee

OLCC #8 Approach

OLCC #8 Green

OLCC #9 Approach

OLCC (The Caddie told me this is a members favorite tree)

OLCC #12 Tee

OLCC #13 Tee

OLCC #16 Greenside

OLCC #17 Approach  ''Notice Top Gun, our caddie''

OLCC #18

OLCC routing A.

OLCC routing B.

OLCC routing C.

OLCC routing D. (All routings are the same, just different angles.

OLCC is a great golf course, and the restoration looks night and day better from the pre restoration photos.  The bunkering is some of the best I have seen.  The land has movement that reminds me of Oakmont.  The tree removal is top notch and should be emulated by many clubs.  The greens are in such good shape they could host an Open the next week if the temps ever get to avg temps.  The fescue is coming in just how it should and is going to look awesome down the road.  Much kudos to Aaron and Keith for bringing this course out of the shadows.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:28:33 PM by BCowan »

Frank Pont

Nice pics, question I have is why is there rough between the fairway and the bunkers? They must know that definitely isn't Alison....

Russ Arbuthnot

Nice! Thanks for the pics. Bunkering looks so great.

Niall Hay

Great pictures Ben.

Keith Foster and Aaron McMaster really did some great work. It will only get better with time. 

BCowan

Niall,

The opening and closing holes at OLCC are stellar.  The par 3's are great as a whole.  #7 being my favorite and #3 being a close 2nd.  The holes that stuck out in my mind where #1, #3, #7, #8, #9, #12, #13, #14, #16, #17, and #18.  One better have a cup of coffee before hitting their 2nd shot into #1... 

Niall Hay

Niall,

The opening and closing holes at OLCC are stellar.  The par 3's are great as a whole.  #7 being my favorite and #3 being a close 2nd.  The holes that stuck out in my mind where #1, #3, #7, #8, #9, #12, #13, #14, #16, #17, and #18.  One better have a cup of coffee before hitting their 2nd shot into #1... 

Did you play the back tee on #17? Or #16?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back