News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Josh Tarble

Re: Walking Golf Shoes
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the new shoes out these days.  I have a pair of Nikes (with the weird spikeless tread) that are amazing, probably my favorite at the moment.  I also have a pair of the Adidas Boost Boas that are awesome, the Under Armour Drive One is the best golf shoe I've ever worn but think they may have discontinued that recently.  And if you're looking at spikeless the Puma Ignite Spikeless are awesome, can't recommend them highly enough.

Paul Jones

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2017, 04:56:08 PM »
ECCO Cage (Cleated)
ECCO BIOM Hybrid 2 (Non Cleated)
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Dave August

« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
I walk 150+ rounds per year.

I love ECCO Biom Hybrids, but I also walk with Adidas Tour 360 BOA.

I am getting a pair of the ECCO Cage Pro Boa Spikeless - which are the most comfortable shoe I have worn right out of the box (based upon 30 min in the store).

My all time most comfy shoe is the FootJoy M Project BOA. Too bad you cannot get them any more, I would buy a dozen pairs.

BHoover

« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2017, 10:24:53 PM »
I am getting a pair of the ECCO Cage Pro Boa Spikeless - which are the most comfortable shoe I have worn right out of the box (based upon 30 min in the store).

How are these shoes on the greens in terms of damage or leaving "spike" marks?

Dave August

« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
I have been told that they don't leave marks, but I will revisit once I get them on the course.

BHoover

« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »
I have been told that they don't leave marks, but I will revisit once I get them on the course.

They do look like nice shoes, and I find Ecco to be the most comfortable.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2017, 05:34:45 PM »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 05:37:08 PM by Evan Fleisher »
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike Schott

« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2017, 08:01:38 PM »

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2017, 08:42:27 AM »
Ecco Biom Hybrid 2
 http://us.shop.ecco.com/mens-biom-hybrid-2-151514.html?dwvar_151514_color=50435#cgid=golf

+1

Former True's addict, now on to Ecco's.  Love 'em!

For $200.00 they better be great.

I agree with you, but I'll add this.  I have worn nothing but Ecco shoes for golf AND daily wear for many years now.  In addition to being surpassingly comfortable and durable, ANY time that I've had a problem with a pair and sent them back to Ecco, they have been replaced at full current retail.  And I'm including in that a 10 yr. old pair of Ecco golf shoes that had a zillion rounds on them.

As to the price, I feel about shoes like I do about tires and brakes for my car; NOT a good place to save money! This is especially if I'm going to walking 20+ miles a week in a pair of shoes.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Dave August

« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2017, 12:35:29 PM »
I have owned at least three pairs of ECCO shoes, and have never dropped that much on them.  You can find them on sale almost all the time at GolfAnything.com.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
Ecco Biom Hybrid 2
 http://us.shop.ecco.com/mens-biom-hybrid-2-151514.html?dwvar_151514_color=50435#cgid=golf

+1

Former True's addict, now on to Ecco's.  Love 'em!

I agree with you, but I'll add this.  I have worn nothing but Ecco shoes for golf AND daily wear for many years now.  In addition to being surpassingly comfortable and durable, ANY time that I've had a problem with a pair and sent them back to Ecco, they have been replaced at full current retail.  And I'm including in that a 10 yr. old pair of Ecco golf shoes that had a zillion rounds on them.

As to the price, I feel about shoes like I do about tires and brakes for my car; NOT a good place to save money! This is especially if I'm going to walking 20+ miles a week in a pair of shoes.

Another +1 to these follow-up comments.  I am a die-hard walker, and if my feet are not happy, then I'm not happy.  I just this past Monday completed a 117-hole 100 Hole Hike and my Ecco's led the way for me...not a single issue, blister, rubbing spot, etc.  Worth their weight in gold.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Dave August

« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »

After walking three rounds w the BOA Cage Pro ECCO shoes, with the funky soles, I learned a few things -.

1) The design almost seems to prevent any build-up of material on the sole.
2) They are very comfortable, right out of the box.
3) The sole design does not leave marks on the greens.

I am sufficiently pleased that I am considering buying another pair!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back