News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Link Walsh

Re: Walking Golf Shoes
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »
I just got a pair of Trues the other day.  I haven't played in them yet, but just walking around the store in them blew me away. 

But I have a question- should I use shoe trees with these shoes?  I tried looking on their website but couldn't find anything.   

Dan King

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
Peer pressure has gotten the best of me.  I just ordered a pair of TRUE stealth Black/Electric Blue  Limited edition with some of the money going to the Hundred Hole Hike. 

I can't hardly wait.

Cheers,
Dan King
Great. I opened my locker and there were a dozen new shirts, boxes of balls and two pair of golf shoes. Now that I can afford them, they give them to me.
 --Paul Azinger

Stephen Davis

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
Peer pressure has gotten the best of me.  I just ordered a pair of TRUE stealth Black/Electric Blue  Limited edition with some of the money going to the Hundred Hole Hike. 

I can't hardly wait.

Cheers,
Dan King
Great. I opened my locker and there were a dozen new shirts, boxes of balls and two pair of golf shoes. Now that I can afford them, they give them to me.
 --Paul Azinger

Nice pick up! I have been eyeing the the white ones!

Dan King

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »
Stehpen Davis writes:
Nice pick up! I have been eyeing the the white ones!

No better time than now with the profits going to the Hundred Hole Hike and Evans Scholarship.

Cheers,
Dan King
It's the old American thing from the Ryder Cup matches. The Americans wear Foot-Joys and all the English players stand together admiring their shoes, and their slacks and their clubs. How can you beat a man if you can't afford his shoes?
 --Nick Job

Jon Byron

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »
They are truly interesting shoes to wear. After getting used to the True Links over several consecutive weeks I played in Footjoy Icon last Sunday and they really felt narrow on my feet by comparison to True Links. And the True Links feel more comfortable but it is odd effectively walking barefoot while playing golf!
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2012, 06:05:52 AM »
By the way, Laura got her first pair of Trues two weeks ago (they just started selling women's shoes).  She loves them - a lot!

PThomas

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
tried on the Trues once and didnt like...I'll have to give them another shot...

but I love the Fred Couples ' Eccos, by far the most comfortable golf shoe i've used
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Chris_Hufnagel

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
I have four pairs of True's - the first three were the Tour's and I just purchased the White/Blue Stealth's for the HHH. 

While I love the Tour's, I really love the Stealth's.  I wore them for the first time last night after work for a quick 18 and thought they were fantastic.  I went back to the website to try and order the White/Mud, but unfortunately they are out of 13's.

A great shoe and they have been big supporter's of the Hundred Hole Hike!

Chris.

Jud_T

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
One caveat about the Trues, while they are phenomenally comfortable, if you wear orthotics they don't work particularly well as they are so low profile and wide.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »
I have multiple pairs of Trues and while they are comfortable, my issue with them is their durability.  The treads on mine are worn after 30-40 rounds and the shoes themselves have not maintained their integrity and have worn.

I'm wondering two things:

1) Does the Group Tank have any experience with any of the other, walk/run golf shoes i.e. Tiger's shoes, adidas sambas, etc.

2)  What about playing in a high quality shoe like a Merrell (Michigan based ;)) or a New Balance?

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tom Fagerli

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2012, 09:30:47 PM »
I love mybTrues and FJ Casuals but they don't offer enough support for a fat guy with flat feet. So comfy but not for playing golf. However I love the style and am going to try the  Ecco Biom Hybrid next. If I mowed the grass I would have lots of good shoes to mow in!

Eric Smith

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
;D
2)  What about playing in a high quality shoe like a Merrell (Michigan based ;)) or a New Balance?

Jason,

Like you, I own several pair of Trues and love them. Just bought two pair for the season. But to answer your question - yes, I've been walking and carrying lately wearing the Merrell barefoot trail gloves. Have you tried them? If not, I'll tell you what I told my dad after he snickered at me when he first saw them  - I feel sorry for your feet. ;D

Sean_A

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »
I have never really had any problems with golf shoes, but then I don't walk 25 miles a day in them.  On a whim and with the idea that I can wear the Ecco Streets as a casual shoe I bought a pair a few weeks ago.  They seem fine, comfortable enough.  It was a bit wet last week at Beau Desert and there was no slippage.  Question, will the spikes wear down if used for casual wear?  The sales person said they wouldn't, but I am a bit skeptical.

Ciao
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:21:16 AM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Niall C

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2012, 06:02:13 AM »
Sean

I've an old golfing pal who is a good few years older than me and he has had a pair of the rubber soled shoes with the nibs for about 20 years. He's of the generation that puts his jacket and tie back on after a game and more often than not he'll still have the golf shoes on. Haven't seen him in a while but I suspect the shoes are still going strong.

Niall

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »
I have a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrids.  Most comfortable walking shoe I have ever owned.

Sean_A

« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2012, 04:22:23 AM »
I have never really had any problems with golf shoes, but then I don't walk 25 miles a day in them.  On a whim and with the idea that I can wear the Ecco Streets as a casual shoe I bought a pair a few weeks ago.  They seem fine, comfortable enough.  It was a bit wet last week at Beau Desert and there was no slippage.  Question, will the spikes wear down if used for casual wear?  The sales person said they wouldn't, but I am a bit skeptical.

Ciao

Well, the Streets passed the slippage test at a wet and and hilly Cavendish with flying colours - I am sold.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
 Question, will the spikes wear down if used for casual wear?  The sales person said they wouldn't, but I am a bit skeptical.

Ciao

After wearing mine for both work and play, they only wear on the very edge after about 2 years. So I wouldn't worry about excerssive wear on the knubs from wearing them off the course.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Kalen Braley

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
I play wearing Merrells and they are awesome....its the only brand of shoe I buy anymore for any purpose.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
Blasphemers, the lot of you!

I still mourn the fact that FJ stopped making Classics Dry Premiers.  I bought up several pairs a few years back.  Real shoes have leather soles.

But for when it is pouring rain there is a place called House of Kangaroo that makes very comfortable golf shoes out of kangaroo leather which is supposed to be one of the strongest leathers. 

And they don't make you look like you are Judge Smails off to christen the new sloop.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »
I have multiple pairs of Trues and while they are comfortable, my issue with them is their durability.  The treads on mine are worn after 30-40 rounds and the shoes themselves have not maintained their integrity and have worn.

I'm wondering two things:

1) Does the Group Tank have any experience with any of the other, walk/run golf shoes i.e. Tiger's shoes, adidas sambas, etc.

2)  What about playing in a high quality shoe like a Merrell (Michigan based ;)) or a New Balance?

New Balance 955 (still available, but NB has replaced it with 956)-  traction sole, but nothing a superintendent would mind - not 'heavy'  -Goretex™ - very comfortable and will easily accommodate orthotics. I have never slipped anywhere while wearing them and I mostly play on hilly courses in the northeast.
Mine are two seasons old and I wear them everywhere. They still work as well on the golf course as they did when new.
Depending on the occasion I'll interchange them with dressier FJ Superlites or Contours.

p.s. if for some reason you have to have spikes NB will do that for an upcharge of $60.00.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 11:42:58 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Will MacEwen

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
Blasphemers, the lot of you!

I still mourn the fact that FJ stopped making Classics Dry Premiers.  I bought up several pairs a few years back.  Real shoes have leather soles.

But for when it is pouring rain there is a place called House of Kangaroo that makes very comfortable golf shoes out of kangaroo leather which is supposed to be one of the strongest leathers. 

And they don't make you look like you are Judge Smails off to christen the new sloop.

Allen Edmonds has a nice line of leather soled golf shoes.  Endorsed by Crenshaw and Nicklaus, so they should suit on a variety of courses.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »
I bought a pair of Adidas Adipure last fall. I always walk and though I have a half dozen other shoes I tend to wear them. Comfortable and give lotsa support.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
What's the verdict on the True Sensei's?

For those that have them, give me your pros and cons.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2012, 03:21:14 PM »
Sean my Freddies have not worn down in two years now. I am a big fan and will leave the True boys to their own kind. I like my pr better than theirs by far as well.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »
Sean my Freddies have not worn down in two years now. I am a big fan and will leave the True boys to their own kind. I like my pr better than theirs by far as well.

Haters be hatin

The Senseis are awesome, got mine the other day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back