News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: Walking Golf Shoes
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »
For those that asked the PHX are great. I have the black pair but am going to get a couple more pairs for summer and practice shoes.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »
George,

I think the standing uphill feeling lasted about nine holes for me. After that, all was cool.

I have three pairs of Trues -- two original Tours, on PHX.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
I tried on some Trues yesterday and was disappointed. All the newer models seemed to pinch at the base of my toe when taking a step. This was not true of the older models the store had on clearance. It was true for the Phx, Tour, and Stealths in the new model. It seems entirely possible that feeling would go away over time but I'm not going to spend $100 merely hoping so.

Jim Jackson

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »
Just completed my "true" experiment - which lasted about 5 rounds until I pulled the ripcord.  I found that they do not work for my flat feet, and that they ran a bit small compared to the other brands I've tried.  Went back to FJ Icons until the Nike Frees come out this summer. 

Tom Kelly

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 09:00:29 AM »
Anyone know where I can get hold of a pair of Trues in the UK?

I have found one website selling off last years models but would quite like to try a pair on first before buying if at all possible as I've got slightly weird size feet one bigger than the other and pretty narrow, but I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them!

Sam Morrow

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »
Anyone know where I can get hold of a pair of Trues in the UK?

I have found one website selling off last years models but would quite like to try a pair on first before buying if at all possible as I've got slightly weird size feet one bigger than the other and pretty narrow, but I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them!

I am Mr. True but if you have narrow feet you might be better off going the Ecco route.

Brad Isaacs

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2012, 07:18:55 PM »
Reccomendations  for someone who has a metarsalgia?

Get in the habit of explaining to people what on God's Green Earth that is!  ;D

Oops,  don't feel like your the first to tell me that.  Basically pain through the ball of the foot.  Sorry....

Tim Martin

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2012, 09:18:03 PM »
Footjoy,Adidas, and Ashworth have all introduced models that knock off the Ecco Streets at lower prices and are waterproof to boot. It looks as if there is a sea of change coming.

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
I don't always walk golf courses, but when I do, I wear Trues!

Brent Hutto

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »
I'm a confirmed Ecco wearer and have been for a long time. Street shoes, golf shoes, whatever. Before that, I found FootJoy in particular never seemed to have a shoe proportioned like my foot and they tended not to be very supportive either.

Today I tried on a pair of brown/white FootJoy Contour Comfort shoes with nubbins, their "knock off" of the Ecco Street. To my surprise they fit my wide-front, narrow-heel foot just fine and at least after a brief wearing feel fairly supportive. Goofy looking with the white sneaker-type sole treatment but worth a try at $99 vs. the sky-high Ecco prices.

Steve Lang

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
 8) inthe 90's FJ had several spikeless shoes.. i played in them for like 7 years.. about time they came around agin
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Brent Hutto

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »
I played a round today in the FJ Comfort spikeless shoes and they are very, very, very comfortable. Very!

But they did cause a problem. The two pairs of golf shoes I've been wearing for the past year or so are Ecco's "World Class" which has a built-up leather heel and thick sole They put me about as high off the ground as any golf shoe possibly could, in fact it took me a couple rounds to get used to swinging with my feet that elevated.

The Comfort shoes probably have my heels more than an inch lower than the Ecco ones and I was hitting it fat all day. Really ugly, especially given that we had nearly an inch of rain a few hours before I teed off and everything was squishy wet. I don't know if I'm going to be able to alternate between the Ecco and Footjoy shoes from round to round. The change in elevation will take some time to get used to whenever I switch.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
I bought a pair of Trues and just love them, but they simply didn't work for my high arches, even with an orthotic.  I still look at them longingly in my garage; they are a wonderful product if they work for your foot.  They just don't work for mine.

Before and after the True experiment, I wear ONLY Eccos.  For golf, work, anything.  Ecco golf shoes with an insert for my arch are perfect right out of the box; no break-in, ever.  They wear like iron, so they are worth the up-front money.  Hard to beat them, IMO, for any type of foot.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tim Bert

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »
Footjoy,Adidas, and Ashworth have all introduced models that knock off the Ecco Streets at lower prices and are waterproof to boot. It looks as if there is a sea of change coming.

The pro shop where I played today had the new Ashworths. I took off my TRUEs to try on a pair and I briefly felt like I was part of the band Kiss with my high heels.  I love the flat footed feel of the TRUEs.  I have a narrow heel and have no problem with the fit. My only issue with the TRUEs is that I like to wear them all the time and they don't have a nice looking shoe I can wear to work that feels good. The Stealths are a classier look but feel awkward on my feet. The Tours are ultra comfy but are a bit of a stretch at the office any day other than casual day.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:23:50 PM by Tim Bert »

Jud_T

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »
Tim,

I agree.  They need to work on non-golf casual and dress shoes next.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Les Cordes

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
gentleman:

i just purchased two pair of TRUE tour golf shoes from Amazon for $88/per pair ... no tax, no shipping charge ....$149 normally .. i think ...les

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
Trues or Freddie Eccos. All I wear.

Amazing, since another brand has discovered the Freddie Ecco like shoe, it's like the craze is suddenly sweeping the club.
Several years late.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »

The pro shop where I played today had the new Ashworths. I took off my TRUEs to try on a pair and I briefly felt like I was part of the band Kiss with my high heels.  I love the flat footed feel of the TRUEs.  I have a narrow heel and have no problem with the fit. My only issue with the TRUEs is that I like to wear them all the time and they don't have a nice looking shoe I can wear to work that feels good. The Stealths are a classier look but feel awkward on my feet. The Tours are ultra comfy but are a bit of a stretch at the office any day other than casual day.

The PHX are good for causal wear.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »
I ordered my first pair of Trues this past December, but just hit balls in them for the first time last evening. They're pretty comfortable and so far so good. I know my wife is looking forward to the women's version to come out in ~May as she hates traditional spikes and has played in gym shoes since I can remember (and Nike Frees) for the last couple years.

Enjoy your new shoes, Mrs. Craig.

http://www.truelinkswear.com/index.php/shop/isis-womens-golf-shoes-1.html

Quite stylish.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

PCCraig

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
I ordered my first pair of Trues this past December, but just hit balls in them for the first time last evening. They're pretty comfortable and so far so good. I know my wife is looking forward to the women's version to come out in ~May as she hates traditional spikes and has played in gym shoes since I can remember (and Nike Frees) for the last couple years.

Enjoy your new shoes, Mrs. Craig.

http://www.truelinkswear.com/index.php/shop/isis-womens-golf-shoes-1.html

Quite stylish.

Haha, thanks Howard!

Already ordered a pair.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:30:47 AM by PCraig »
H.P.S.

Ken Moum

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2012, 01:00:50 PM »
Has anyone tried using orthodics in their Trues?

I have never worn mine with the original insoles, only with orthotics.  And I haven't had any problems, in fact that deep heel counter makes them feel great with the orthotics.

I also have some Ecco Streets, which pinch my toes and which don't have a deep enough heel counter to work with my orthotics.
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

rjsimper

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »
Whoever it was that earlier said putting took some adjusting, I think that's definitely...true.

It was actually the first thing I said when I practiced in mine - I almost wanted my putter to be an inch shorter.

I actually putt better when my weight is more toward my heels anyway, so in the end i think it may be a good thing for me.

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
I have worn a pair of Ecco Streets for my last couple of rounds. Perfectly comfortable, not like wearing a golf shoe at all.

Jud_T

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2012, 03:13:12 PM »
Dave,

I have it on good authority that you've been known to grab an emergency 9 in these:

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jon Byron

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
I now have two pairs or True Links. Am using them at the range also to get used to the low heels and walking 18 twice a week with them. So far so good.
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back