News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John McCarthy

Re: Acacia CC - Cleveland
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 05:14:12 PM »
Stupid question:  what does NLE mean?
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Dean DiBerardino

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »
Did Acacia close down at some point in the past?  The Ross Society already has it listed as NLE, but I doubt that was due to recent events.

Sven:

I saw that. It has not been closed in the recent past. It was labeled on this thread as "Another Ross NLE" though. Maybe the Ross Society saw it and took it as fact.

John:

NLE is the abbreviation for No Longer Exists.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:04:38 PM by Dean DiBerardino »

John McCarthy

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
Thanks!
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Michael George

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »
Did Acacia close down at some point in the past?  The Ross Society already has it listed as NLE, but I doubt that was due to recent events.

Sven - this one has been in the cards for over a year.  When a club no longer accepts equity memberships, there is usually only one good reason and that is they are about to cash out.

"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
Darn, I wish I would have seen this thread earlier than tonight.  I drove very near there on Tue pm as I headed down I-271 on a business trip by the looks of it.  I could have stopped out for an emergency 9 before it closed if that happens. 

If only...
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Dean DiBerardino

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
Looks like Acacia may get donated to the Cleveland Metroparks. Metroparks has no intentions, as of right now, of keeping it open as a golf course though.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/09/cleveland_metroparks_could_acc.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back