News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew MacKay

Re:Scottish Golf Course Glut
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2003, 04:00:20 PM »
rottcodd:  North Berwick is a must play; you'll want to walk right to the first tee after holing out on 18.  Gullane 1 is most certainly worth the quid as well.  I've played Braid Hills many times and am a big fan, save for a few poor holes that don't really belong in the scheme of things.  There are a few holes there that are as memorable and fun to play as any in Scotland.  The view of Edinburgh is incredible as well, all for about 10 quid.  As Brian mentioned, Musselburgh has a couple of notable holes, a few great greens and a unique sense of history.  You'll whiz around in about an hour if it's not busy.

Brian Phillips

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2003, 04:38:56 PM »
Matt,

How guilty do I feel seeing your name up here...

Shit, I need to get things organised....

Starting new company in two weeks time...Niblick Golf Design together with Graeme Webster the designer of Kingsacre, remember?

We sure did miss you at the end of the year..

Get your butt over for May and play in the GCA Ryder Cup in England and then me, you, Ronan can all stay at Geoff's hotel just down the road...

Brian

Keep reminding me about the letter, i just keep forgetting and I hate letting you down..

Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Keith Durrant

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2003, 05:05:14 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions !

Any thoughts on Longniddry?

Keith Durrant

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2004, 12:56:36 PM »
Mark,

I'd hope they'd give you free membership here...;)

http://www.toltecsystems.com/RVGC/About%20the%20Club.htm

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2004, 03:01:03 PM »
Rott,

They'd hardly let me in for free, but I suspect no one would be required to pay a joining fee or wait umpteen years for membership.  Most of our nothern cities' clubs are crying out for members.  It may be just the thing for regular visitors to our shores.  You'd certainly find Reddish Vale a fascinating challenge.

Longniddry is a little beauty.  It's parkland, but it overlooks the Firth of Forth so much that it feels like links in many respects.  It has no par 5s, but Christie O'Connor (Snr) remarked that it had a lot of 4 and 7/8 ths.  You know precisely what he means.  Add it to the list.

Mark.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back