News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

"I am doing this to save Scotland."
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:22 PM »
Phew! thanks, Donald! Don't know what we'd have done without you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-16969723

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Marty Bonnar

Re: "I am doing this to save Scotland."
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
On the upside, maybe he'll now decide to sell up.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
Phew! thanks, Donald! Don't know what we'd have done without you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-16969723

F.

There you go Martin, we saved your asses in WWII and now Donald Trump is saving your coastline. You're welcome.

Niall C

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Trump accuses Salmond of being hell bent on destroying Scotlands coastline. So now we know why Donald got his planning permission  :(

BTW, do you think wee Eck has just been bumped from the opening fourball of Trump National (Scotland) ?

Niall

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
I'm kinda secretly hoping wee eck DOES turncoat. Then we'll see just how quickly his masterplan evaporates. Git.
F.

jeffwarne

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
Who knew the Donald was going to end up with a pay and play with no real estate or lodging?
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Niall C

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »
Jeff

All those who think Donald is going to walk away from this project are kidding themselves IMHO. I strongly believe he will continue to fight his cause until the day he has fully developed the housing, the hotel and the courses and is ready to sell up and take his profit. And from what I've seen one way of fighting for his cause is going screaming to the newspapers. He managed it very successfully to get support for the planning permission. It remains to be seen how many times he can pull off the same trick.

It is interesting though how an ongoing feud with Trump might effect Salmonds independence bid. The SNP are going to need all the support they can get from business, particularly "inward investors".

Niall

Adam Clayman

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 05:55:24 PM »
I still say paint'em blue and no one will see them.

Ironic, since Aberdeen is the Oil Industry's mecca in Scotland.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Chris DeNigris

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
Interesting....Offshore wind vs Onshore wind..

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 06:17:24 PM »

Chris

Wind indeed, more like methane with those two.  Whats that about an ill wind....

The big secret behind the financial salvation of an Independent Scotland rests with Alex Salmond and not Trump.

Mr Salmond’s Scotland is being subsidised or will be upon independence (as if we are not already totally free and independent) not by North Sea Oil but by Her Majesty’s Secret Service through a certain Mr Sean Connery (now 0082)

I am told that Mr Connery wants independence so much that he no longer lives in Scotland due to UK tax bills.

Don’t you just love it when a plan has been totally thought out – just like using distance aids when playing golf.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 06:53:42 PM »
Now if Mr. Salmond would acquiesce by cancelling the wind farm and obtaining the Donald's agreement to build his home there, and reside there, and allow a wind turbine to be placed in front of his mouth, the Scotland would have all the wind power it would ever need.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Carl Johnson

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
Now if Mr. Salmond would acquiesce by cancelling the wind farm and obtaining the Donald's agreement to build his home there, and reside there, and allow a wind turbine to be placed in front of his mouth, the Scotland would have all the wind power it would ever need.

I like the plan.  Very clever.  And, it would get him out of the USA.  :)

JLahrman

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »
By the title I was guessing this thread was about either William Wallace or Andy Murray.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 05:29:50 AM »
Trump accuses Salmond of being hell bent on destroying Scotlands coastline. So now we know why Donald got his planning permission  :(

Niall

;D ;D ;D

It will be interesting to see if Salmond stands his ground or caves in.

Jon

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »
You've got to love The Donald. There is/was no problem mutilating that dune system for HIS plans, but whoa nellie when it comes to the offshore view being compromised. Selective logic to say the least!

That course, in its present form, will be an absolute BEAR to walk... and play.

Cheers,
Kris 8)

"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

PThomas

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 07:58:56 AM »
a case of NIMBY at its worst
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »
Who would ever think The Donald would quote Ted Kennedy about wind farms ?? It is a shame they cannot place a turbine near his mouth to catch all the hot air he spews.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »

You beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing!   One Donald, one turbine.......

Jud_T

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
 :-X  you beat me to it.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Pazin

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
The Donald's a giver. Who knew?
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

David_Tepper

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »
"I am told that Mr Connery wants independence so much that he no longer lives in Scotland due to UK tax bills."

Almost as ironic as someone who does not play golf lecturing others about how golf should be played! ;)

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »

Lectures - no but some of you seem not to know how to play golf, so I am trying to teach you.
Doing a job that many expect from their caddies these days, but thanks to Ran I do not charge.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
Was it Sam Snead that said going to Scotland is like camping out? Maybe The Donald will give golfers a nice place to stay when the visit Cruden Bay.

Anthony

PThomas

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 09:48:37 PM »
"I am told that Mr Connery wants independence so much that he no longer lives in Scotland due to UK tax bills."

Almost as ironic as someone who does not play golf lecturing others about how golf should be played! ;)

+1
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

David_Tepper

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back