News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Bennett

Apparently, one of the local Royal Adelaide members and his younger brother (58 and 42) were a bit frustrated by slow play, and decided to play Royal Sydney, Royal Melbourne West and Royal Adelaide in one day.

The two-ball's golf took 7 and a half hours, the 54 holes averaged 32 stableford points a round and there were a couple of flights involved (Syd-Melb and Melb-Adel).  Started about 4.30am in Sydney and probably finished around 8.30pm in Adelaide.  I think they had 'right of way' through the RM field Saturday lunchtime.

Pretty good effort.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Mark Chaplin

Re: Royal Sydney, Royal Melbourne West and Royal Adelaide in one day
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »
Fair shout, bit of a pain getting from Tullamarine to RM and back but other than that a sporty day. I've done Syd - Mel (aborted landing) - Adelaide. Then Adelaide - Mel in a morning, sadly cost me an RMW tee time.
Cave Nil Vino

Scott Warren

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »
Did they fly commercial, James?

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »
That is a good trick to play those 3 in the same day.

James Bennett

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 09:54:10 PM »
Did they fly commercial, James?

Scott

I would link the article that Geoff Roach wrote in yesterday's Adelaide Advertiser (Murdoch paper) but it doesn't appear on-line.

The guy was Dr Peter White, an Adelaide GP.
He and his brother 'hired' clubs in Sydney and Melbourne, to avoid potential baggage delays.  So, I think they took commercial flights.
They did walk all three rounds (as you would expect).
Reciprocal arrangements were used, as 'Royal' members.
They used iridisecent golf balls for the first 8 holes at Royal Sydney.
A daughter transferred them to Mascot for a 9am flight to Melbourne.
Then a chaufeur hire car (not a taxi) to Royal Melbourne, for a 50 minute drive (20 minutes less than planned).
RM provided a packed lunch, and a 'marshall' who parted the sea of players on the West (remember - the East course is out of play for fairway work and Doak's changes on the outer paddock).
Plenty of time left for a 4.30pm flight to Adelaide, and on the first tee at RA by 5.55pm (6.25pm Melbourne time).
Last putt was holed at 8.45pm, just as final twilight was disappearing.

Not bad for a Saturday's golf!

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back