News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard_Mandell

Re: The Golf Experience Your Way Survey 2012
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
392 done and counting.  Thanks. 

Can we get to 400 by Monday morning? 

David, I am not separating the results by referrring site.
Joe - more than one answer for #10 was our intent (right or wrong, that's another story).

Thanks again

Mike McGuire

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »
took it

not sure I understand #26

Fluffy white sand that resists fried egg lies
Thought fluffy sand encourages fried egg lies.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:34:42 PM by Mike McGuire »

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
Fluffy or not, it is sand with round paticles (instead of angular) that creates fried eggs.  That said, there are sand products out there that people sell that supposedly are perfect (i.e. fluffy white sand that resists fried eggs) and there is the expense associated with that (usually the Cadillac model).  That is what we are getting at with the survey.  Hope that explains it.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:31 PM »
Fluffy or not, it is sand with round paticles (instead of angular) that creates fried eggs.  That said, there are sand products out there that people sell that supposedly are perfect (i.e. fluffy white sand that resists fried eggs) and there is the expense associated with that (usually the Cadillac model).  That is what we are getting at with the survey.  Hope that explains it.

So the difference is natural vs. manufactured. The round grains are the manufactured sand, i.e., crushed from some source that would produce white sand. I imagine it is expensive to ship natural sand from a natural source, which doesn't exactly occur everywhere.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jim Sherma

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »
It seems to me that the question really boils down to what basic golf model is the market looking for. The Scottish model of golf courses as a public good with stand alone associated clubs supplying the amenities separate from the course's operations is unfortunately unattainable at this point in the US. I still wonder why the idea of a golf club maintaining a good course and a basic shop and bar with acceptable pub food is a nonstarter. I grew up a public course rat and never understood the idea that a club has to have a high end food service and a load of staff. I would much rather see my fees/dues go towards another person doing bunker or other course maintenance as opposed to asking me if I need my clubs cleaned or my shoes shined after the round. In my opinion, a club that offered me a good course in consistent acceptable condition, a practice green and chipping area, good guys to play with, a cocktail and a sandwich after the round with no additional frills would be a winner. Everything else is extraneous to what I am looking for in a golf experience. 

David Cronheim

Re: The Golf Experience Your Way Survey 2012 New
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
[oops wrong thread - removed]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:31:17 AM by David Cronheim »
Check out my golf law blog - Tee, Esq.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back