News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Saltzman

Re: Par 4 of the Day - Weston Golf and CC #5 [Park Jr]
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
Mark,

Doesn't one of the holes at Weston play under a train trestle?

Yup, the 2nd...

Jay Cox

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »
Mark, are those alternate greens on the second hole?  If so, are there any others on the course?   Any particular reason you know of why they were used?

(Resisting the urge to comments on the multiple fountains ... .)

JNC Lyon

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »
I seem to remember that there used to be a par five that actually played across the trestle (sort of like the over-under option at the Reverse Jans), but they tore it up at some point.  Even so, the current hole looks pretty cool.

And those fountains are gross.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Ian Andrew

Re: Par 4 of the Day - Weston Golf and CC #5 [Park Jr] New
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
Park built the course without bunkers, but went home before returning to finish the bunkering the next year. Charles Alison added the bunkers to the course but did not follow Park's plan.

The club wanted something more dramatic and asked for something closer to the old images of Hirono than simpler images that were first presented to them. Historically is it accurate - no - but that wasn't the mandate at any point. I enjoyed the project, it was very different at the time and I can actually say I edged all the bunkers myself. It was interesting that a few have already been altered like the back of the 5th green. Green is 5% by the way - I had a laser on it a long time ago.

The second hole was Doug's work, I left the office before the next stage of work took place.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:10:12 PM by Ian Andrew »

Ian Andrew

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »
I seem to remember that there used to be a par five that actually played across the trestle (sort of like the over-under option at the Reverse Jans), but they tore it up at some point.  Even so, the current hole looks pretty cool.

And those fountains are gross.

it was a long four I posted the image of the hole in the past - green is still on the other side

Ian Andrew

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
Mark,

Doesn't one of the holes at Weston play under a train trestle?

used to - but not for a long time

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back