News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe_Tucholski

The approach areas of a green and ball marks
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:18:40 AM »
I was out playing recently and after leaving a shot short opted to putt when I was a good 10 yards short of the green.  The ball took a huge hop after it hit a ball mark about 5 yards from the green and just made it half way to the hole.  I know I'm probably asking a bit too much as most courses have difficulties encouraging the repair of ball marks on the greens but how can courses that promote the ground game promote the repair of ball marks not on the green.  Looking back I can't recall ever fixing my ball marks after hitting a drive (realize now that I should if I see it) and wouldn't really expect someone to fix a ball mark over 100 yards from the green but what distance from the green would you expect someone to repair their ball mark?  What else can be done to try and mitigate the issue of excessive ball marks in the approach areas?

Here is an image from the round...there wasn't a recent hail storm.

Alex Miller

Re: The approach areas of a green and ball marks
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
Just a guess, Joe, but at Rustic I've seen those approach areas overwatered numerous times. While I'm sure those areas could use some TLC, I'd imagine part of the issue is with cutbacks in maintenance staff at Rustic resulting in hoses/sprinklers being left on for too long. Perhaps the Davids could confirm  :)

I mean, it is Rustic... isn't it?  ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:33:05 AM by Alex Miller »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back