News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Makena on Maui
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
Anyone know the up-to-date story on Makena on Maui?  When I played it about six years ago they had two courses, North and South.  Now it appears only the North is open. I have heard conflicting reports that the South is closed for renovations or that it is closed for good because the resort was in financial trouble.

What'a the story?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Kyle Henderson

Re: Makena on Maui
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
I played the North last August. The South has gone to seed with the exception of the 1st hole, which they are still maintaining.

I know this purely from peeking around the property and can provide no rationale.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Evan_Green

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
My understanding is the South was going to be made a private or semi private course and then the financial crisis happened so it never reopened.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »
My understanding is the South was going to be made a private or semi private course and then the financial crisis happened so it never reopened.

I was just there this past August and that is indeed the case...one course (North) and the South was supposed to be re-developed and never was due to the downturn.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Sean Leary

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »
I played the North last August. The South has gone to seed with the exception of the 1st hole, which they are still maintaining.

I know this purely from peeking around the property and can provide no rationale.

Theare is also the hole by the ocean from the south that they maintain. It can be seen from the water, and they removed a bunch of trees from when it was in play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back