News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adrian_Stiff

o/t Anyone collect Golf Memorbillia
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
Does anyone collect, Club Histories, Old Photographs, Old Golf Programmes, Old Clubs, Balls etc?

If so what do you have thats interesting.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Pete Blaisdell

Re: o/t Anyone collect Golf Memorbillia
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
Adrian
  I have a ton of golf items to sell. Just a short list.
      ----100+ ChampioNSHIP Programs -USGA, mASTERS, rYDER cUP ETC.
      ---- 100-200 BALL MARKERS --Cypress, Seminole, many top courses
      ---pencils ---same number and courses as markers
      --100 + balls from 50's, 60's and 70"s

contact me at cypress1516@aol.com if you have any interest
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »
PBA Galleries is having its next auction of golf books and memorabilia on March 1.

http://www.pbagalleries.com/live/calendar.php?PHPSESSID=ee6632bf97f5e2bc46b242824a95199d

Doug Sobieski

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:34:33 PM »
My crown jewel is all 15 issues of Sports Illustrated that Arnold Palmer appeared on the cover of (all autographed). I'm pretty sure it's a one of a kind collection. Maybe one other, if Howdy Giles has them all.

Also have the Golf Digest with Moe Norman on the cover, signed by him.

Those are my favorites for personal reasons.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
I have over 1000 golf tees from top 100 clubs that I have forgotten to remove from my pants after a round of golf.  They are currently clogging up my dresser.  Isn't it amazing how wrong it would be to sell this crap that was given to me.  Wow.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »
Adrian
  I have a ton of golf items to sell. Just a short list.
      ----100+ ChampioNSHIP Programs -USGA, mASTERS, rYDER cUP ETC.
      ---- 100-200 BALL MARKERS --Cypress, Seminole, many top courses
      ---pencils ---same number and courses as markers
      --100 + balls from 50's, 60's and 70"s

contact me at cypress1516@aol.com if you have any interest
Any early Open championhip or Amateur Championship ones ( I am missing quite a few or early and later ones)
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Mac Plumart

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »
All I got are books.  Nothing crazy great...

Old Badminton Library Golf book, old Golf is my game book, old, Golf Architecture in America, Confidential Guide, Evangelist, Discovering Donald Ross, and quite a few more...but again, nothing amazing.

I also have a signed Jack Nicklaus Masters scorecard, a Mickelson and Tiger one as well.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Niall C

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »
When we were kids, my brothers and myself used to do quite a bit of autograph hunting at the Open using the Open Programme as an autograph book. That would be the late seventies and early eighties. If I remember rightly, one of my brothers still has several of the programmes.

I've still got my 1977 Turnberry Open skip cap which was signed by Trevino. Apart from that I have a ballmarker from nearly every course I've played in the last 15 years as well as strokesavers for most of them. Not sure if there's any value in that lot but nice keepsakes to have.

Niall

Paul Jones

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
I have 200 - 250 Golf Towels from all over the world - I have not counte them in a long time.  I played almost all of them and my wife took my favorites and framed them in my office.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Ian Andrew

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »
I have a pretty significant collection of old images and plans, but all are scanned. Originals all reside with either the club or an archives. I can't in good conscience keep any of that. I also have 30-40 club histories and lots of old golf design books. I like collecting information more than collecting the actual piece.

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
I keep all the scorecard and course guides I pick up when playing new courses. I like to look over the course guides and think about how best to play the holes.

I've bought quite a lot of golf books in recent years, and lately I've concentrated on getting hold of 1st editions where possible. My book shelf is still missing quite a few of the classic books on architecture, but they do come up for sale now and again on Ebay.

I think books, scorecards and course guides are interesting to collect. I've no interest in collecting tees, markers, towels, headcovers, etc.  I just don't think that they serve any purpose.

I've also started to collect Irish golf club centenary books and some of the more notable clubs in the UK.

When we were kids, my brothers and myself used to do quite a bit of autograph hunting at the Open using the Open Programme as an autograph book. That would be the late seventies and early eighties. If I remember rightly, one of my brothers still has several of the programmes.

I've still got my 1977 Turnberry Open skip cap which was signed by Trevino. Apart from that I have a ballmarker from nearly every course I've played in the last 15 years as well as strokesavers for most of them. Not sure if there's any value in that lot but nice keepsakes to have.

Niall

Niall,

You'd be surprised what's for sale on Ebay. Whatever you have, you can be sure someone out there will buy it someday.

Scott Stearns

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
Its impossible for me to walk past a golf shop and NOT buy something. 

The shakes, facial twitching, tourets...i blame genetics.

I had one of everything you could embroider until my pro found a way to get Peter Miilar to embroider underwear. 

What is the best club history you own--not best course, best book on one course.  The Crooked Stick book is good, as is Garden City. 

I also really like the Pine Valley book for the pictures, all taken from the perscective of the golfer. 

Steve Salmen

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
I have 8 scorecards from Open Rotation courses with my scores, autographed by a past champion on the respective course.  I should have gone to a past Masters just to have Gene Sarazen sign my card from Princes.   Mr. Hogan signed my card from Carnoustie.

Scott Stearns

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 08:46:49 PM »
what did you shoot.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back