News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bruce Wellmon

So OT- Bubba, The General Lee, and Mrs. (Not Daisy) Watson
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
Golfer Bubba Watson buys dream car of 'Dukes of Hazzard' fame

Associated Press
The Charlotte Observer
Posted: Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012
Modified: Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2012 Bubba Watson and the General Lee

Golfer Bubba Watson made a deal with his wife that if he ever won a PGA Tour event, he would be allowed to buy the 1969 Dodge Charger made popular in the "Dukes of Hazzard."
Watson said the hard part was winning a tournament.
Then again, it took some time before he could find the right one, but it was worth the wait. During an auction last week in Arizona, the three-time tour winner bought the original "General Lee 01," the first one used in the TV series and the car that is shown jumping over a police car during the opening credits.
In a short video he posted on Twitter, Watson is seen filling the car with gas and honking the "Dixie" horn. He paid $110,000, which industry experts said was lower than expected for the winning bid.
"It worked out in my favor," Watson said Tuesday. "I wasn't going to go much more money than that because they were predicting a lot higher number. But, for some reason, it just fell in my lap."
That it did. Watson usually can't make it to the Barrett-Jackson auction, but he chose not to play the Humana Challenge last week. He was sitting at the auction, and "General Lee 01" was the first car brought out for bid.
"I almost passed out when I saw it," he said.
Watson doesn't plan to just admire the car in a garage.
"I'm going to drive it, honk the horn at people and all that good stuff," he said. "It will be at Phoenix next week. It's good enough to drive to Phoenix. But don't tell anybody it doesn't have any seat belts yet."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/01/24/2955987/bubba-watson-buys-dukes-of-hazzard.html#storylink=cpy

Anthony Gray

Re: So OT- Bubba, The General Lee, and Mrs. (Not Daisy) Watson
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »
His caddy will wear Dailey dukes during the pro am.

Anthony

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »
Not a Bubba Watson fan, either embrace being Bubba or stop wearing the fancy gear and half million dollar watches. Give me Boo Weekly.

George Pazin

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
Not a Bubba Watson fan, either embrace being Bubba or stop wearing the fancy gear and half million dollar watches.

Why should he have to choose? Is there some sort of rule that we all have to have a consistent theme in our lives and personalities? What a boring world that would make...
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Sam Morrow

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »
Not a Bubba Watson fan, either embrace being Bubba or stop wearing the fancy gear and half million dollar watches.

Why should he have to choose? Is there some sort of rule that we all have to have a consistent theme in our lives and personalities? What a boring world that would make...

I think anyone who has to be named Bubba and claim to be a redneck yet still live the fancy watch life is probably covering for some sort of shortcoming. If you feel the need to buy a replica of The General Lee chances are you have a little pecker and bad breathe.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back