News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Butler

Shameless Plug for Geoff Shackelford
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »
First in a regular series of podcasts featuring a rotating cast Shackelford, John Huggan and Mike Clayton:

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2012/1/22/state-of-the-game-podcast-episode-1.html

Podcast music provided by GCA member Lloyd Cole. You can also subscribe through iTunes.

Subject matters discussed in this episode:

• Huggan's visit with R&A's Peter Dawson.

• Lots of bellyaching about the distance the ball goes... with some interesting perspectives from Clayton and Shackelford at least.

• Shackelford's analogy on the game of tennis... interesting in terms of how the pro game has changed amateur participation on the courts

Hopefully, they will be able to come through with the golf architecture guests as promised.

Next!

Anthony Butler

Re: Shameless Plug for Geoff Shackelford
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
Sometimes all this talk about distance ruining the game does seem a little Chicken Little "The sky is falling ...!", but check out this video promoting the new Rocketballz fairway wood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6jQfebgR6U
Next!

Neil White

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
Anthony,

Thanks for the link.....

As for the video of DJ mashing that 3 wood 331 yards - that's just nuts  :o and a sad indictment of the modern game  ::)

Neil.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:03 PM »
Geoff needs no shameless plugs. He is a friend of GCA and one of my favorite writers. I naturally wish his Dad had played for LSU rather than simply win championships at UCLA. .

Anthony Butler

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
I'm sure he can do with the hits... I also think his Podcast could do with some merchandizing... it boggles the mind that considering his relationship with Golf Digest, they haven't sold some advertising on his site as yet... I realize they're doing content sharing at golfdigest.com but I'll bet he gets a couple thousand visitors on his own site. Maybe because he's doing another podcast with a Golf Digest editor on their site... also with minimal advertising...

Why buy the content if you don't have a plan to pay for it? Seems like a confusing partnership on some levels.
Next!

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
I've downloaded the podcast to my iPhone, but haven't listened to it yet. Any iPhone guys know how to "subscribe" to a podcast on the iPhone?
H.P.S.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
I've downloaded the podcast to my iPhone, but haven't listened to it yet. Any iPhone guys know how to "subscribe" to a podcast on the iPhone?

Through iTunes... it will send you a link when a new podcast comes online...

arb:
Next!

PCCraig

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »

Through iTunes... it will send you a link when a new podcast comes online...

arb:

Thanks Anthony.
H.P.S.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
Geoff needs no shameless plugs. He is a friend of GCA and one of my favorite writers. I naturally wish his Dad had played for LSU rather than simply win championships at UCLA. .

I am sure it is his Pepperdine education and time on the golf team that made him a success. Go Waves!
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »
Neat link and podcast. Thanks Anthony.

Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back