News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim_Kennedy

I Guess The Honeymoon's Over
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
She probably could have sold the bits and pieces from the demolition as souvenirs and paid for the new one:

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tiger-woods-ex-wife-elin-nordegren-demolishes-mansion-010512/
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Kalen Braley

Re: I Guess The Honeymoon's Over
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
Ahhh...

To be a 1%er.....nucking futs!!

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
Ahhh...

at the rate she's going...she'll be back in the 99% in no time ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 08:00:13 PM »
Is this the house on the ocean or is it the one in Orlando?

jeffwarne

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »
Is this the house on the ocean or is it the one in Orlando?

The "lot" is on the ocean
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
For the record...

...this isn't one of Tigers mansions.  Its a house she bought, 8 months after the divorce was final, that she has since razed to build something more "suitable".

The horrors i'm sure it would have been to live in the six bedroom, 8 bathroom mansion that used to be there...

Mike Hendren

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
There's a joke in here somewhere:  What do you get when you cross a nanny with $100 million?  Please provide your own punchline.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

PThomas

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
Ahhh...

very good Kalen!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »
six bedroom, 8 bathroom mansion that used to be there...
Completely OT but why on earth would a 6 bedroom house need 8 bathrooms?  Was it owned by a family with personal hygiene issues?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
six bedroom, 8 bathroom mansion that used to be there...
Completely OT but why on earth would a 6 bedroom house need 8 bathrooms?  Was it owned by a family with personal hygiene issues?

Changing rooms out by the pool, and if the mansion is old, separate restrooms for the help.  A popular book and movie currently in the USA, The Help.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Howard Riefs

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
She couldn't simply change the drapes?
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Kalen Braley

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
She couldn't simply change the drapes?

Agreed,

And rip up the ol shag carpeting and put down some tile, maybe put some new paint on the walls? Woulda been miles cheaper...

Crazy.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »
Seems like she's following in Tiger's footsteps, he did much the same when he purchased Stephen Garofalo's estate in Jupiter.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:23:02 PM by Jim_Kennedy »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
Ahhh...

at the rate she's going...she'll be back in the 99% in no time ;)

Agreed.  That alleged $100,000,000 won't last forever at this rate.    ;D

Terry Lavin

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
Cronan:

Love the hyper-hyphenation!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 09:47:23 PM »
Checking Shack's update. The mansion was 80 years old and infested with termites and carpenter ants.

Ron Farris

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 08:57:42 AM »
I am considering demolishing my 8 bedroom home.  Rebuilding with a tent made out of real canvas.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
I guess we were all wrong, douchebags that we are...read this-> http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/01/truth-rumors-elins-termite-infestation.html
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »
I guess we were all wrong, douchebags that we are...read this-> http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/01/truth-rumors-elins-termite-infestation.html

Speak for yourself.  ;) ;D

TMZ seems to have blown that one and we've had a little fun with the info, but, I don't know anyone  (I do now) who would plunk down 12m for an 80 year old wood frame house in Florida without doing an inspection beforehand. Not unless they had other plans.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »

Speak for yourself.  ;) ;D

TMZ seems to have blown that one and we've had a little fun with the info, but, I don't know anyone  (I do now) who would plunk down 12m for an 80 year old wood frame house in Florida without doing an inspection beforehand. Not unless they had other plans.

Jim,

I was thinking exactly the same.  No way i'm plunking down 12 mill without knowing everything and anything about that structure and piece of land.  And if they did know beforehand, was that plot of land really worth $12 mill + cost of razing and clearing that structure?

I'm guessing this is a lame excuse they are trying to use to prevent backlash. 

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:15 PM »
Anybody know how much Florida beachfront -- in that neighborhood -- is selling for these days?
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »
Kalen,

We have had (and still have, but very limited) quite a few folks come to the area where I live to buy homes with one motive, to tear them down and build what they want. They 'pay' the premium for the pre-existing construction, but the quality of the site is such that it is worth it for them as their plans are all of an ambitious nature. All the guys in the construction business love them.

I have no trouble believing that same scenario existed in this case, but I'm guessing the same thing as you.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back