News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom MacWood

Re: I値l be sure to never hit it there again
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 10:10:33 PM »
How about over the green on the 11th at Shinnecock?

That is the one that immediately came to mind. I would add anywhere off the green, long, left, right or short.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 10:11:32 PM »
A) Anywhere left of center on #6 at Pacific Dunes off the tee...

B) Left greenside bunker on #6 at Pacific Dunes...

C) Right of green down slope on #6 at Pacific Dunes...

If you are guilty of A), there's almost a 100% chance of you being guilty of B) or C) right afterwards...or both, as I did at this year's King's Putter before picking up in frustration!

Awesome golf hole.

People bitch about #14 Bandon Trails, but I think bigger numbers are possible on #6 Pac Dunes.

Having done it myself.

jonathan_becker

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 10:29:47 PM »

That is the one that immediately came to mind. I would add anywhere off the green, long, left, right or short.

Ha!  I forgot about this one.   A 4 is a good score but I got lucky and managed to half that number.   ;)

From 12 tee

Mike Hendren

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »
Greenside bunker play is the only part of my game that's held up over the years.  It's not unusual for me to yell "get in the bunker."  That said, I want no part of the back bunker on the 16th at Pacific Dunes and the right-hand greenside bunker at Chamber Bay's first.  Both bunkers are relatively narrow, increasing the likelihood of a downhill lie.  At Chambers the sand is heavy but trying to hit it slightly thin will result in a shot that trundles off the green and rolls 50 yards down the hill.  At Pacific Dunes the back bunker gets a lot of action and the sand near the steps is extremely soft from frequent raking.  At last year's KP I saw a playing partner leave it in the bunker three or four times before picking up.  I got out but my ball was hot and wound up in the hollow short right of the green. 

Find either of these bunkers and Bob Huntley's legendary comment will immediatley come to mind.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Mike Hendren

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »

I de-greened my downwind six feet par putt from above the hole so who I am to disagree.

Bogey III
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Sam Morrow

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
Over the first green at Austin Golf Club, then I proceed to airmail that green.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »
Right greenside bunker on #3 at Dismal.  I've been there once and tried to come out towards the green.  Bad idea!!  IF I get there again, I'm coming out backwards/sideways.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back