News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

The evolution of Keith Foster
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »
...and not as an architect.

I'm somewhat baffled: Keith Foster opened a "J. Peterman-esque" website to sell "hand-selected antiques, furnishings, artifacts and other authentic finds."  

http://keithfosteroutpost.com/

I have always appreciated things that endure and are real. This is true in my relationships and of the things with which I have filled my home and life. Having quietly bought and sold antiques and other items to both friends and clients over the years, Keith Foster Outpost is a place where I can offer hand-selected antiques, furnishings, artifacts and other authentic finds that can add inspiration to the life that we each live.

Since completing school, I have traveled. I travel for my work, I travel to be with my family and I travel with my wife to get away. I am always on the move and always exposed to interesting people and lives that are so very different from my own. When on the road, if I see something interesting or striking, I will try to buy it and bring it back home.

Over the last several years, I have been traveling more than ever. I invite you to see what I have returned with.

Welcome to Keith Foster Outpost.]I have always appreciated things that endure and are real. This is true in my relationships and of the things with which I have filled my home and life. Having quietly bought and sold antiques and other items to both friends and clients over the years, Keith Foster Outpost is a place where I can offer hand-selected antiques, furnishings, artifacts and other authentic finds that can add inspiration to the life that we each live.

Since completing school, I have traveled. I travel for my work, I travel to be with my family and I travel with my wife to get away. I am always on the move and always exposed to interesting people and lives that are so very different from my own. When on the road, if I see something interesting or striking, I will try to buy it and bring it back home.

Over the last several years, I have been traveling more than ever. I invite you to see what I have returned with.

Welcome to Keith Foster Outpost.

Brad Klein confirms it's one and the same Foster:

https://twitter.com/#!/BKleinGolfweek/status/154348727321116673
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Terry Lavin

Re: The evolution of Keith Foster
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:01:26 PM »
I don't mind eccentricities. AND his gca work is great IMHO.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »
I have had very little interaction with Mr. Foster, but I have had some.  What I know for a fact is that he is off the charts generous and someone I would go out of my way for to help.  I've check out his site...I think it is pretty cool. 
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

David Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
He has a lot of cool looking items on his website but you have to email him to find out the price of each one.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
He has a lot of cool looking items on his website but you have to email him to find out the price of each one.

If you have to ask......

David Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »

If you have to ask......

Well, I'd like to add to my collection of Burlwood sporting balls.  But only at bargain prices.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

PCCraig

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 08:58:59 AM »
Some pretty neat stuff on his website. I don't know why it's odd for someone to have a passion other than golf course architecture ;) :)

H.P.S.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
Following the Tillie path by going into the antique biz?
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mike Hendren

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:18:51 AM »
I was a little creeped out by the terracotta vessels.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Josh Smith

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
Love the website!  Very cool to see him involved with something unique like this. 

Josh

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back