News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jeffwarne

Re: What do you think of this situation?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »
Jeff, Honestly I don't care how great the club might be, and its an okay club,I'd never want to be a member of the place.  If the club had initially said to me, "we require x amount of dollars up front, I'd have no problem with that.  However, when the club pro takes you into his office, then tries to shake you down for a grand, it is not a place I'd want to golf.

Rick,
Wouldn't it be worth investigating whether the pro was following protocol, because if he wasn't, and was hitting up potential members for money with no authority, you shouldn't hold it against the club. (because he wouldn't be there long after that).
and if that is their policy, you simply did the right thing.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Kalen Braley

Re: What do you think of this situation?
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
I'm with Rick on this one...

In that situation I would have wanted something in writing to show what the $1000 was for.  If it was going directly to monthly fees, it probably wouldn't have been an issue.  But the fact that he didn't specify would be enough to spook me off as well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back