News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

Re: Which courses deserve more attention and discussion on GCA?
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2012, 06:43:56 PM »
Thanks for those, Mark. Is Pine Tree on your list?
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2012, 06:45:52 PM »
Terry, unfortunately I've never played Pine Tree.  Invites are welcomed, though!

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2012, 01:38:28 AM »
Can someone discuss Wannamoisett? It's been rated among the best 25 courses in the country by GolfWeek for the past decade and yet it is never discussed.  Using the GCA search function I get nothing more than a few threads that don't go more than a couple of posts deep.

So, what's the story with Wannamoisett?  Have so few of us seen it that it never gets discussed? Is it uber-private? Photo tour, anyone?

Sean_A

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2012, 02:06:33 AM »
Can someone discuss Wannamoisett? It's been rated among the best 25 courses in the country by GolfWeek for the past decade and yet it is never discussed.  Using the GCA search function I get nothing more than a few threads that don't go more than a couple of posts deep.

So, what's the story with Wannamoisett?  Have so few of us seen it that it never gets discussed? Is it uber-private? Photo tour, anyone?

I agree.  In the Unofficial GCA.com Rankings Wanna received nothing less than a 7 by voters - very unusual considering it was ranked 77.  One has to go all the way up to 44 - Sebonack - to find such consistency of opinion. 

Using the same ranking, two courses which didn't get enough votes, but were highly thought of; Hamilton and Royal Zoute.  Scott did a good review of RZ and Matt Bosela of Hamilton. 

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39403.0/ 

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,44318.0/

Of course, I am always keen to see a review of Myopia.  Ran's review disappeared. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

Jim Nugent

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:09 AM »
Of course, I am always keen to see a review of Myopia.  Ran's review disappeared. 

Ciao

As I recall, that was by request of the club. 

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:07 AM »
Lancaster (PA)

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
I don't know if it deserves more attention, but I'd love to hear more about Fazio's Eagle Point in NC.

Sean_A

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 05:28:28 AM »
Castletown is one that deserves more attention and a photo tour.

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Chechesee Creek & Old Barnwell

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
Rather than naming a course - I'll name a country = New Zealand

After enjoying a whirlwind tour incl. the Bommerang at Parap. - Michael Taylor and I will post some threadssoon after we get home

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back