News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kris Shreiner

Re: Who here is on Twitter?
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
You must be joking.

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 05:20:40 PM »
Dan Kelly,

We must be in the slow group because I don't get Twitter either. Not too long ago I had a colleague who swears by Twitter try to explain it.

Honestly, I didn't understand a word he said. But, then, I really don't understand the point of Facebook either (especially since I haven't found a single old girlfriend on it).
Tim Weiman

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »

Honestly, I didn't understand a word he said. But, then, I really don't understand the point of Facebook either (especially since I haven't found a single old girlfriend on it).

Tim.

It is pretty simple. There are 1500 posters here, some better than others. With Twitter you could follow the 30 that are interesting to you and ignore 1470.

If you are a wrestler pissed off that wrestling was thrown out of the Olympics, you would understand this:

https://vine.co/v/bxz5IzD9597 (Vine is Twitter on video, delivered by Twitter  :D )

Otherwise it is a waste of time (for you).

Jeffrey Prest

« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2013, 01:48:30 AM »
@GolfCourseasArt - all gca related and no mentions of how good lunch was or what my cat's just done. Promise.

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2013, 09:49:08 PM »
I have probably been ranting more on Twitter than here for a while but today it occurred to me that the people I wanted to argue with were most likely here... so here I am again.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2013, 03:23:31 AM »
@theflatsticker

Lloyd - are you finding twitter useful tool commercially for you?
@theflatsticker

JR Potts

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »
@Pottsie77 - a whole lot of everything.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:18:26 AM by JR Potts »

Mark McKeever

« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »
@markpmckeever

Mostly golf stuff

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Kris Spence

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »
@kspdesign

I use it to post project photo's and design thoughts/comments from the field.

Brian Colbert

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »
@thebcolbert

Follow at your own risk, you never know what you're going to get.

John Ezekowitz

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2013, 02:25:50 PM »
@johnezekowitz

I am an unashamed Twitter addict. Mainly basketball and sports analytics, with a bit of golf thrown in.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »

Tim.

It is pretty simple. There are 1500 posters here, some better than others. With Twitter you could follow the 30 that are interesting to you and ignore 1470.

Or follow the 30 that are most likely attuned to your way of thinking or that you already broadly agree with.... thus narrowing your mind further to the opinions you already hold...

It only works if someone else chooses the 30 interesting posters for you...

Greg Beaulieu

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
@greg_beau

I find it excellent for establishing a news feed - recent events, both local and (inter)national have come to me first via Tweets.

I have made a number of acquaintances I would not otherwise have had the opportunity to know via Twitter. Just yesterday Lorne Rubenstein and I exchanged a few words. That was pretty neat.

To counter Ally's point, I find that by choosing to follow different types of people than I would usually meet, it has broadened my perspective. While there are some at extreme ends of whatever scale that still irritate and soon get un-followed, I follow a number of younger people and it has been a breath of fresh air in learning about things to which I would normally have no exposure. In fact, they now think I am a little bit cool because I am old to their way of thinking but can chat with them on their terms.

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2013, 08:41:09 PM »
@theflatsticker

Brett, I don't know. I have my Facebook (commercial) page linked to it, so I doubt it can be hurting me... but at Twitter I tend to just bitch about golf and football. Hopefully that doesn't alienate too many potential customers.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »
I'm on, but I usually stick to work stuff (IT Security and Operational Risk Management)

@danny_herrmann

Ian Andrew

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2013, 09:09:35 PM »
@IanAndrew13

The experiment continues...

I post images quite a bit of what I'm working on or where I am.

I enjoy who I follow quite a bit.
With every golf development bubble, the end was unexpected and brutal....

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »
@theflatsticker

Brett, I don't know. I have my Facebook (commercial) page linked to it, so I doubt it can be hurting me... but at Twitter I tend to just bitch about golf and football. Hopefully that doesn't alienate too many potential customers.

Make Lloyd happy day - Barnbougle Dunes, #16, 24 Feb 2011 - Ace!
@theflatsticker

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »

That's the photo that started my diet! It was not supposed to be broadcast!
I think I'm 15 lbs lighter now and I know I need to lose more!
Still, Hole in One at Barnbougle - almost priceless. Especially as I waited my whole life for it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:27:06 PM by Lloyd_Cole »

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2013, 04:45:37 AM »
@michaelclayto15

Powell Arms

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »
@pwarms

I have attempted to add everyone on this thread to this twitter list:

https://twitter.com/pwarms/gca

It is probably a duplicate of Howard's list:

https://twitter.com/hriefs/gca
PowellArms@gmail.com
@PWArms

Jason Thurman

« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
I love Twitter. I've barely used it in the last two years, mainly because I'm too lazy to get around the filter we have at work and I only charge my smartphone about one day a month. I plan to change all that now that the NFL season has started and NBA is coming soon.

I pretty much do random observations from life and television. It's 90% snark, and I'm probably as funny as I think I am about 3% of the time. Be advised, it's occasionally a bit R-rated.

@Thurmdiesel
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2013, 12:45:48 PM »
Updated this twitter list that you can save and follow your favorite GCAers.  

https://twitter.com/hriefs/gca

Best of all, it doesn't include my drivel.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jeff Johnston

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
@justso1972

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 01:00:28 AM »
An Australian golf forum (TGF) is a location where many Aussies discuss architecture, courses, and the game in general.

www.thegolfforum.com

Now on twitter too.

@The_Golf_Forum

Well worth a follow, posting links thus far to course tours of Royal Melbourne West, Victoria, and The National (Old) as well as links to other architecturally interesting topics and exchanges.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Sean Walsh

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2016, 05:53:35 AM »
I changed my handle on twitter to @oz_sportsnut

You'll mostly find talk of Tottenham, Melbourne Victory, Buffalo Bills & a large helping of Australian sport emanating from my account
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:56:03 AM by Sean Walsh »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back