News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mat Dunmyer

Re: Country Club of Buffalo Restoration
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 12:32:48 AM »
Nice to see CCB getting some love here- some hidden gems in the WNY area. Just up the street is The Park Country Club of Buffalo- Colt & CH Allison design. Started my career working there 18 years ago on the maintenance staff. Even the photos don't do the quarry holes justice- they must be seen with your own eyes!!

Mat

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
Mat,

Alison did the work at Park, I'm told. Evidently, Colt wasn't in the USA for most of their work.

Where are you working these days? We just played golf today at Links at Ivy Ridge in Akron...December 4th golf in WNY!
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mat Dunmyer

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 10:19:08 AM »
Mat,

Alison did the work at Park, I'm told. Evidently, Colt wasn't in the USA for most of their work.

Where are you working these days? We just played golf today at Links at Ivy Ridge in Akron...December 4th golf in WNY!

Ronald:
Well, the Park Club was 20 years ago, maintenance staff grunt- same Superintendent Scott Dodson is still there. I'm currently the Superintendent at Valley Hi Counrty Club, just south of Sacramento, California. Was the grow in Super at Rock Creek Catle Company in Deer Lodge, Montana and the Super at Sonoma Golf Club before that with a few other stops in between from Florida to Lake Tahoe. I can't ever remember playing golf after November 15th let alone December 4th!!

Mat

JNagle

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »
At some point in the near future we will take some time to explain all that is going on at CCB.  At the moment we are quite busy
developing the bidding documents for the restoration project.  CCB is a true gem (we would say that regardless of whether we were working there or not) and the members are eager to see the course regain its original design intent.  Just to clarify a few earlier statements; the course will NOT be closing during construction and the aforementioned price tag is not accurate.  What is accurate is the gushing praise being heaped upon a course that is sometimes lost among many of the Western NY and Central NY.  The Club is in possession of numerous photos, plans and hole descriptions which will aid in the restoration efforts.

It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; .....  "The Critic"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back