News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Leenheer

Re: What is your favorite hole at Pebble Beach?
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »
I am surprised to see the 6th ranked so highly among a group of truly world class holes. A beautiful hole to be sure, but I'd put it as the third best par 5 at PB. The 14th and the 18th have more interesting second shots (the treacherous 14th green makes picking where you lay back a fascinating call; also, miss the fw and you will not hold the green),

Going for the 6th green from a similar position to where Tiger hit his 7 iron in 2000 (although now fairway and without the large tree) ranked pretty high on the scale of interest for me.

I hit a 3 wood onto the back of the green on #6 from right around here....3 putts later I had my par.  :-X

Tee shot on 18...I practiced that for a month on the range...and drilled it perfectly...that never happens.

Best "hole" on the course....the one in my pocket from the greens fees, caddie fees, Lodge accommodations, and pro shop swag.  It was TOTALLY worth it as it is still my most memorable round of golf played.

Never let the quality of your game determine the quality of your time spent playing it.

Tim Nugent

Re: What is your favorite hole at Pebble Beach?
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 12:08:27 PM »
#16, favorite shot? 2nd on #8 and 1st on #7
Coasting is a downhill process

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back