News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: New Member
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »
But you've never played golf in Scotland, so you didn't give it up.

Shame on you, Mac.

You should be aware that I gave up sleeping with multiple Supermodels at a time the day I met my now-wife. I've also given up my pursuit of quietly thinking about taking up sky diving. I've boycotted being a center for the Red Wings. And when I was 18, I decided to give up my 6 pack abs for good.

Someone in my demographic giving up the opportunity to travel and play golf in Scotland for life is a serious sacrifice.  I would go so far to say that 99% of golfers in my position in fact visit Scotland at least once in their life.  The fact that I am a raging alcoholic, as documented by many of my postings, would also indicate giving up Scotch is no small feat in itself. 

This only started because Stuart said he attended Syracuse and had three children.  It was a natural conclusion that he may have attended the University in 1988 at the time of the bombing.

For those of you who think bringing attention to the release of a child killing terrorist is no small matter please brush up on the facts:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 12:36:44 AM »

John

As I said 'Those without sin should cast the first stone'. But still playing Golf so makes a mockery of your statement re all things Scottish.

Oh by the way you mentioned the Scottish town of Lockerbie, do you recall that a plane crashed into the town killing Scottish people in their own homes, some in their beds.

Melvyn

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:20 AM »
JK it is very easy to take the moral high ground if you come from Andorra, unfortunately if you come from a powerful country unsavoury things have been done in your name. The regime behind the Lockerbie bomb are now history and as Melvyn says its called Lockerbie because parts of the plane landed on the town and killed locals. It's time for everyone to move on, the relatives of the 15000 people in India killed due to the negligence of US industry certainly had to and they never had the satisfaction of seeing the boss jailed.

Stuart welcome to GCA let's hope you get to experience some British golf before too long.
Cave Nil Vino

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »
JK it is very easy to take the moral high ground if you come from Andorra, unfortunately if you come from a powerful country unsavoury things have been done in your name. The regime behind the Lockerbie bomb are now history and as Melvyn says its called Lockerbie because parts of the plane landed on the town and killed locals. It's time for everyone to move on, the relatives of the 15000 people in India killed due to the negligence of US industry certainly had to and they never had the satisfaction of seeing the boss jailed.

Stuart welcome to GCA let's hope you get to experience some British golf before too long.

I would hope that you would not purchase items from any industry that killed 15,000 people and got away with it without consequence.  To quote: "For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing."

I forgive the Scottish people. 

Kyle Harris

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 08:01:26 AM »

John

As I said 'Those without sin should cast the first stone'. But still playing Golf so makes a mockery of your statement re all things Scottish.

Oh by the way you mentioned the Scottish town of Lockerbie, do you recall that a plane crashed into the town killing Scottish people in their own homes, some in their beds.

Melvyn

What if John just started using a cart?  ;)

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »
The Lord of the Gods has spoken; all is well with the world for HE has spoken” I forgive the Scottish people”.
John you take your forgiveness and ram it as far up your ample backside as you can.

For a start you do not forgive innocent victims, perhaps one day you may understand why the world dislikes your Nation and I am not talking about the fruitless wars you take your allies into so that your rich can get richer while the rest of us including your own people pay the price by counting the body bags.

Well this Scot does not accept an apology from a raciest (anti Scottish – this time).

I am done on this subject and you.

What a way to welcome a new member, coming out with Scottish racism. For my sins Stuart, I apologise but I feel I could not let him get away with his BS.

Melvyn
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:22:47 AM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 09:15:27 AM »
Damn it Melvyn, talk like that makes me want some of what you been drinking.

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 09:15:49 AM »
Well satated Melvyn. I have spent a fair amount of time in Scotland and found its people to be fun, fair and good people .Isn't your bitch with the political types??  My guess is the typical law abiding Scots saw this as unfair also.

So please send any unsed Scotch this way.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Tim Martin

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »

The Lord of the Gods has spoken; all is well with the world for HE has spoken” I forgive the Scottish people”.
John you take your forgiveness and ram it as far up your ample backside as you can.

For a start you do not forgive innocent victims, perhaps one day you may understand why the world dislikes your Nation and I am not talking about the fruitless wars you take your allies into so that your rich can get richer while the rest of us including your own people pay the price by counting the body bags.

Well this Scott does not accept an apology from a raciest (anti Scottish – this time).

What a way to welcome a new member, coming out with Scottish racism. For my sins Stuart, I apologise but I feel I could not let him get away with his BS.

Melvyn

Stu-Welcome and be forewarned that it`s not always so warm and fuzzy around here. I guess you just caught everyone in a good mood because of the holiday season that is now upon us. ;) Stay low and don`t give your right name if captured.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 09:41:13 AM »
After lurking in the weeds for awhile Ran has graciously given me the opportunity to join the great folks here at GCA.  Thank you.

Stuart --

I'll bet those weeds are looking better all the time!

Welcome.

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Mike_Young

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »

Well this Scot does not accept an apology from a raciest (anti Scottish – this time).

Melvyn

This makes me think you might be anti-American.    ??? 
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Steve Salmen

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
Welcome to the golf crack house.

I personally have boycotted all Scottish products and vowed to never set foot upon their soil in response to their lack of compassion for the families who lost loved ones.  I miss Scotch but find comfort in Kentucky Bourbon.  I had never visited Scotland before and will be fine otherwise.

I respect your convictions.  I have personally not purchased one Nike product in 17 years, since Phil Knight gave Tonya Harding $25k for her legal defense.

Michael George

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »

First, I don't think gca.com was set up to debate political matters.  Honestly, I hope I speak for most here when I say to keep these debates for the christian science monitor website.

Second, Melvin, I cannot let your statement re: "the world dislikes your Nation" and "fruitless wars you take your allies in so that your rich can get richer"  go without responding.  If you don't like our nation, don't ask us to bail out your EU economies like Greece, Italy and in the near future France.   Also, if you think they are fruitless wars, don't participate in them, but please don't ask for our help later and remember that it was this disliked Nation that saved the entire continent of Europe from being a German country and as I recall, all we asked for was a place to bury our dead on the cliffs of France.  

I try and be a gentlemen on this site and let stupid posts go.  However, you went to far here Melvin and that is saying something.

Honestly, whatever happened to just saying "welcome".
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:08:54 AM by Michael George »
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 10:08:41 AM »

I respect your convictions.  I have personally not purchased one Nike product in 17 years, since Phil Knight gave Tonya Harding $25k for her legal defense.

I love the Don Quixote boycotts!  I bet Stuart has one too. Let's hear em.

I swore off McDonald's because they went concrete on a local parking lot. Sadly I became weak and cracked upon the reintroduction of the McRib.  

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:50 AM »
Stuart
  Welcome to GCA. Looking forward to hearing your opinions . I have no doubt you will be a great addition to the group. All the best and Happy Holidays!!
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Mike_Young

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2011, 10:21:30 AM »
Melvyn,
I'm putting Clubcar and Ez-go on your ass immediately....you may have awoken a sleeping giant.... :)
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Niall C

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
But you've never played golf in Scotland, so you didn't give it up.

Shame on you, Mac.

You should be aware that I gave up sleeping with multiple Supermodels at a time the day I met my now-wife. I've also given up my pursuit of quietly thinking about taking up sky diving. I've boycotted being a center for the Red Wings. And when I was 18, I decided to give up my 6 pack abs for good.

Someone in my demographic giving up the opportunity to travel and play golf in Scotland for life is a serious sacrifice.  I would go so far to say that 99% of golfers in my position in fact visit Scotland at least once in their life.  The fact that I am a raging alcoholic, as documented by many of my postings, would also indicate giving up Scotch is no small feat in itself. 

This only started because Stuart said he attended Syracuse and had three children.  It was a natural conclusion that he may have attended the University in 1988 at the time of the bombing.

For those of you who think bringing attention to the release of a child killing terrorist is no small matter please brush up on the facts:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103

John

Have you actually read the wikipedia article ? The article doesn't exactly show the American government or some of its officials up in a particularly good light. No doubt you will also be boycotting US products as well ?

Niall

Kalen Braley

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
Stuart,

A big welcome from me.  I do hope you stay despite the complete and utter shameful mess your introductory thread has become.  Please stick around and particpate....there are some worthwhile threads every now and then.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:51 AM »
Stuart,

A big welcome from me.  I do hope you stay despite the complete and utter shameful mess your introductory thread has become.  Please stick around and particpate....there are some worthwhile threads every now and then.

KB  +1

Tom_Doak

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
If you don't like our nation, don't ask us to bail out your EU economies like Greece, Italy and in the near future France.   Also, if you think they are fruitless wars, don't participate in them, but please don't ask for our help later and remember that it was this disliked Nation that saved the entire continent of Europe from being a German country and as I recall, all we asked for was a place to bury our dead on the cliffs of France.

Michael:

Please don't further the perception that Americans don't understand history and world government. 

Where the hell did you learn yours?

Better go back and check the dates when Hitler invaded Poland, and when the U.S. entered W.W. II.  And you should also read up on the ambivalence of Brits for being included in "Europe" [they still have their own currency for a reason].

The only people in the UK who really really want to see Europe bailed out are the heads of their big banks, who hold all the European bonds.  It's really all about another bank bailout for our good friends and counterparties.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Welcome aboard Stuart.  Having fun yet?

Bogey
aka Mike Hendren
Nashville, TN
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 01:45:05 PM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
Great.

I think we scared him off...

Howard Riefs

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »

I arranged for Pat Craig to develop an online tutorial on "How to properly say 'welcome' to new GCAers." The interactive graphics are impressive. It's currently being beta tested and should be ready for public launch in Q1 2012.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Sam Morrow

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
Great.

I think we scared him off...

It seems like the last few intro threads have turned out this way. Just retarded.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »

I arranged for Pat Craig to develop an online tutorial on "How to properly say 'welcome' to new GCAers." The interactive graphics are impressive. It should be ready for public in Q1 2012.

With our luck the next new member will be an executive for Club Car and someone will come on the thread and saying is killing the game and raping history.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back