News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Bourgeois

Re: Can anybody contribute a few notes on Robt. Trent Jones?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 09:50:11 PM »
Adam, that does sound like an amazing book. Can you come back and post a reminder after the book is available?

I will echo two soundbites put forth by others and would say you might want to spend a little time researching Jones's original words regarding them:

1) Hard par, easy bogey
2) "Heroic School" of golf (which I believe in his writings he differentiated from penal and strategic schools)

SI's Vault might actually give you a good quote or two to pepper your introductory words.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Neil_Crafter

Re: Can anybody contribute a few notes on Robt. Trent Jones?
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
If you can wait until May, Professor Jim Hansen of Auburn University will be publishing 'A Difficult Par', the authorised biography of RTJ Sr. Jim has had unfettered access to Jones' papers, which are in the Cornell archive, and the full cooperation of the Jones family in putting the book together.

I just finished reading a galley proof version of the book, and it is outstanding - by a long way the best golf biography I have ever read.

Adam - thanks for this news. A quick one - does the book have anything on RTJ meeting Mackenzie at Bayside Links in NY while he was at Cornell? RTJ mentioned this in his intro to the Grant Books reprint of Golf Architecture. Thanks.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back