News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter Pallotta

Re: Which is worse?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
Great story, Michael.  In some ways, I now feel like I know you a little better, and in that sense like I've gotten to know your friend as well, and likewise HIS friends too, including the Exec Director of the tournament; and so, in one sense, it's almost as if I've just become good friends with Lynn Swan himself, and with all the people - such as his employer, and others -- that Lynn has ever known.  Gosh darn, it's a small world, isn't it? Like a close little family, ain't it?  All I can say is, I'm thankful to be a part of it....  

Peter

Michael George

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 03:44:03 PM »
Peter:

When the Executive Director told me this story, he ended it by telling me that I should have been a Steelers fan.

I replied that not even Augusta National is worth rooting for that team.  Go Browns.

Speaking of which - it is OSU - Michigan week.  By the way, it is November 22nd and Michigan still sucks.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Jud_T

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
Michael,

I'm laying the 7 1/2 for a round of golf if you would care to put your money where your mouth is... 8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

George Pazin

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »
Peter:

When the Executive Director told me this story, he ended it by telling me that I should have been a Steelers fan.

I replied that not even Augusta National is worth rooting for that team.  Go Browns.

Speaking of which - it is OSU - Michigan week.  By the way, it is November 22nd and Michigan still sucks.

Come on, Michael, like all of my other Cleveland friends, you know that deep down, you are a Stillers fan.

Everyone is.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tim Martin

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »
I got paired up with a couple of guys this Summer at the Hotchkiss School Golf Course through the generosity of Jim Kennedy. I hit it off with one guy who notices the logo on my bag from a club that has some architectural merit and he starts to ask a few questions about the course. Without any bragging but merely through conversation he lets on that he is a member of Myopia Hunt Club as well as the Everglades Club in Florida. I didn`t pull the trigger on asking for a hookup to Myopia but subsequently have wondered why.

Michael George

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 04:23:36 PM »
Michael,

I'm laying the 7 1/2 for a round of golf if you would care to put your money where your mouth is... 8)

Deal.  I will even throw in the steak at Sharon.  The more you get to know me, the more you will realize that I have a personality defect that prevents me from declining a bet.    

BTW - word is that Urban gets named coach Monday and greets fans at halftime of OSU-Duke basketball game.  ;D
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Dan Kelly

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »
I've heard/read about members who didn't divulge their status to close golf buddies for fear of being inundated with requests to go play...

Oh, what a burden that must be!

Which reminds me of something I read about an hour ago -- which is about the limit of my recall: "WE ARE THE ONE PER CENT," by John Kenney, at http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2011/11/28/111128sh_shouts_kenney.

P.S. to Peter: We, too, are thankful you're part of it -- even though you appear to be virtually worthless (1) as an Access Whore, and (2) to Access Whores!
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Jud_T

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »
Michael,

Deal.  I will even throw in the steak at Sharon.  The more you get to know me, the more you will realize that I have a personality defect that prevents me from declining a bet.    

Sounds like we should get along famously, except during games of course... ;)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Sean_A

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »
Nobody really asks folks they don't know for a game - do they?  That seems ultra-contrary to a Michigander's upbringing. 

Mr George - Yes, Michigan sucks, but for once in a long spell, OSU sucks harder.  Even Notre Dame is still in the polls this late in the season.

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back