News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

David_Tepper

Sharp Park Photo Essay
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:25 AM »
Bill Fields has posted a nice photo essay (with 30 b&w pics) on Sharp Park on the Golf Digest website. The hearing for the lawsuit over the future of the course begins today.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2011-11/photos-sharp-park-golf-course

PCCraig

Re: Sharp Park Photo Essay
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »
Seems like a special place David. I hope things go well for the golf course in court and that eventually they could restore a few of the original features/holes. What a property though!
H.P.S.

Andy Stamm

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that. I wish they'd have included a picture of the outside of the clubhouse. I really like those WPA golf buildings, and that's  a great one that really 'fits' the course.

I thought it did a great job of highlighting the players. It really irks me when public golf is derided as elitist. That's so far from my experience at munis, and those pictures bear that out.

JLahrman

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:21:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that. I wish they'd have included a picture of the outside of the clubhouse. I really like those WPA golf buildings, and that's  a great one that really 'fits' the course.

Here is a picture of the clubhouse.

It matches the course perfectly:  Frayed around the edges and in need of some TLC, but definitely classy and nostalgic.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
Sharp Park's Kevin Lynch, wearer of two gloves!

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Andy Stamm

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »
Thanks for the clubhouse pic! "Frayed around the edges and in need of some TLC, but definitely classy and nostalgic" is a perfect description, and that's why it's a perfect match for the course!

With Tommy "two glove" playing so well these days, this may be a growing trend...

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »
The cart fest doesn't do much for me.

K 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back