News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Ballyneal in foreclosure
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
I think Alec Baldwin hit this topic spot on in this clip when he was walking around one of the Occupy protest sites:

"You want the banks to do what the banks do.....but when the banks start throwing thier elbow in your eye socket...you want the SEC to throw the flag, but the SEC never throws the flag"

Go to the 2:00 Minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEnc7iak6ms

The only thing he hit was the ignorance button.

Do you have any idea how and why the Fed Reserve came about, Kalen? Listen to this and educate yourself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8484911570371055528#

Ha ha, you gotta be kidding.  This guy is a bigger nut job than Ron Paul.

Griffin also pimped the idea that B-17 was the cure for cancer, which was debunked decades ago.  So no thanks, I won't be taking my economic information from a proven fraud or be buying his conspiracy theories anytime soon....lol!!

I'm absolutely baffled at the type of garbage that's being tossed into the ring these days as "credible"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930190281243507
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:36:04 PM by Kalen Braley »

Mike Hendren

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
Ran, please delete this thread.  Most of us know when to take comments here with a grain of salt.  There might be vested parties involved in negotiations that take our comments at face value, as hard as that is to believe. 

Mike

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim Bert

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2011, 05:58:17 PM »
Ran, please delete this thread.  Most of us know when to take comments here with a grain of salt.  There might be vested parties involved in negotiations that take our comments at face value, as hard as that is to believe. 

Mike

Sounds like Bogey is working a deal!  ;)

Michael George

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2011, 06:11:01 PM »
Mike Hendren:

I deleted my posts.  While I doubt that my conjencture on the situation may influence any person, I am very hopeful of the continued success of Ballyneal and am respectful of your's and other's wishes that likely know more than me about the circumstances there.

Good luck to everyone at Ballyneal.  I hope to have the privilege of playing there some day.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

John Kirk

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2011, 06:34:41 PM »
Thanks to all for being respectful of the club's privacy in this matter.  You have all been kind.

Ballyneal is special for me, and may still be the finest golf course I have played.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
I've never done this before, but Ballyneal will be in my prayers.

John Kirk, I hope you play there for the remainder of your years. 

Ballyneal is special.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »
Before we invoke the deity, we might just trust that the members will be well represented by lawyers that will handle the next transition well.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mac Plumart

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
Before we invoke the deity, we might just trust that the members will be well represented by lawyers that will handle the next transition well.

Too late.   :)
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tim Martin

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »
Michael George-You have far exceeded the limit on deleted posts. Please go to your room. ;) 

Steve Lang

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
 :(

Hold it.. time out.. isn't it the third owner that makes a profit?

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »
This club will make it but no doubt go through some hard times along the road.

I will offer a silent prayer that "The Donald" stays far far away. My heart goes out to the member, but most of all the staff, keep your heads up.

Why ?

He might be the best thing that could happen to Ballyneal, except, no banks appear to be involved.

He runs a great operation, appreciates great golf courses and has the resources to continue operations.

And, I think he's smart enough to leave it as it is.

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2011, 10:17:42 PM »

I will offer a silent prayer that "The Donald" stays far far away. My heart goes out to the member, but most of all the staff, keep your heads up.

Why ?

He might be the best thing that could happen to Ballyneal, except, no banks appear to be involved.

He runs a great operation, appreciates great golf courses and has the resources to continue operations.

Certain courses just have that Trump feel, or potential feel (Doral). I don't think Ballyneal is his style, too remote.
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »

Why ?

Certain courses just have that Trump feel, or potential feel (Doral). I don't think Ballyneal is his style, too remote.

Ballyneal would be a spectacular addition to his club holdings, especially when you consider that if you're a member of one of his clubs, you get to play the others.

It's a perfect fit for him.

PCCraig

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »
Edit
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:36:23 AM by P. Craig »
H.P.S.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2011, 10:44:46 PM »
This thread saddens me. I too found the club and course to be a special place. I am sorry for the members and all those associated with the club. I hope this process goes down a path that creates as little pain as possible for all involved.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »
Sad news indeed.  A state of the industry I am afraid.

Ian,

Thanks for amending your original post. I am sorry that your feelings were hurt and hopefully you can now put this to rest. Tom Doak is clearly able to take care of himself.

Good luck in your new position.

Michael George

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 03:10:29 AM »
Michael George-You have far exceeded the limit on deleted posts. Please go to your room. ;) 

Tim:

I don't think any of my posts  were improper or controversial.  However, if people effected by this situation don't want it discussed, then I don't want to be a part of it.  Just trying to be respectful to the site and other members. Again, best of luck to Ballyneal's members.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Sean_A

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2011, 03:50:13 AM »
Foreclosure is a matter of public record.  Respect (my take from some on here is do not discuss in public) is not an issue here, or is the sort of thing that its okay to talk about in hushed tones while drinking scotch and smoking a cigar?  Honestly, folks on this site do get carried away at times.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Jud_T

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2011, 08:00:57 AM »
okay to talk about in hushed tones while drinking scotch and smoking a cigar?

Sounds good.  You buying?   8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Bill_McBride

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2011, 08:20:25 AM »
Foreclosure is a matter of public record.  Respect (my take from some on here is do not discuss in public) is not an issue here, or is the sort of thing that its okay to talk about in hushed tones while drinking scotch and smoking a cigar?  Honestly, folks on this site do get carried away at times.

Ciao

Sean, only if wearing a smoking jacket!

I wish all the best for the members of Ballyneal and for Rupert and Jim.   That's a special place and a great golf course.   

jeffwarne

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »

Ballyneal would be a spectacular addition to his club holdings, especially when you consider that if you're a member of one of his clubs, you get to play the others.

Perhaps the scariest words typed on this website ever.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

JC Jones

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:50 AM »

Ciao

Agreed.  All this talk of "respect," etc. is ridiculous.  It isn't like anybody died. 

Why does Ballyneal "deserve" any different treatment around here than any of the other courses that have had financial issues that we've discussed.  Hell, Mike Whitaker posted Musgrove Mill's operating costs a while ago and nobody said boo to him.

It is sad to see Ballyneal struggling but lets keep a little bit of perspective here.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jud_T

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »
Money can't buy taste, but it can buy minimalism?  Actually pretty smart.  Not sure someone like Tom would ever agree to work for someone like Mr. T at this point in his career unless he were given contractual carte blanche (yeah right), so he could buy one.  Would actually be a pretty interesting litmus test for my personal biases but I think P. Craig has it pretty much nailed with regard to long term real estate value...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:05:45 AM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Ross Harmon

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:46 AM »
Very sad indeed. Hope Rupert and the investors get things worked out. It's such a fantastic course with great members and staff!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
Foreclosure is a matter of public record.  Respect (my take from some on here is do not discuss in public) is not an issue here, or is the sort of thing that its okay to talk about in hushed tones while drinking scotch and smoking a cigar?  Honestly, folks on this site do get carried away at times.

Ciao

Agreed.  All this talk of "respect," etc. is ridiculous.  It isn't like anybody died.  

Why does Ballyneal "deserve" any different treatment around here than any of the other courses that have had financial issues that we've discussed.  Hell, Mike Whitaker posted Musgrove Mill's operating costs a while ago and nobody said boo to him.

It is sad to see Ballyneal struggling but lets keep a little bit of perspective here.

I know zero about the Ballyneal situation.  Zero.  But I do know how business negotiations work.  Let's assume for the sake of argument, that the debt-holder isn't that sophisticated and doesn't know that much about golf club economics.  Yet they check into this site and get the impression that they are about to become the prized owner of the piece of dirt that holds the earth together.  Moreoever, there are wannanbe Big-Arse Petes posting here that  are apparently willing and able to step in and pay top dollar for the greatest golf course in the world.  Isn't it plausible that they might assume the best tactic is to sit around and do nothing, knowing that Jim Dandy will come to the rescue and pay top dollar?  In that scenario, what happens to the golf course in the meantime?

I think everyones need to take a morning sip of shut-the-hell-up.  There's a big difference between the economic value and intrinsic value of Ballyneal.

If Ran can delete the Penn State thread, I don't know why he won't delete this one.  

Ran, pull the trigger.

Bogey
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:11:27 AM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back