News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Dugger

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Carl Rogers

Re: Excellent photo spread on the Bandon Preserve
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »
Truly Spectacular!

Jeff Taylor

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
Getting there and back is tough. They don't call it a pilgrimage for nothing.
Once there, you are in a trance not broken until you put your bags in the vehicle before playing your last round.
The Preserve is spectacular. I wonder how the tee boxes will hold up. Some may use tees but I can see folks just dropping a ball on the ground and swinging away. Walking the course with it's virgin status intact was a special part of my trip. Won't soon forget it.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »

Does this thing hold up or crumble into its bunkers in not to many years ?  It looks exciting!  Mowing them must be a treat.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jason Topp

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »
I was randomly paired up with the author at Bandon Trails a few years ago. I would bet his golf course list is bigger than anyone on this site. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Will Lozier

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
The more I see of Bandon the more I have difficulty in imagining how golf could get any better than those 4 courses plus the preserve on the same site. Is there anyone out there that could take or leave the Bandon resort? Excepting some differing views on the merits of the individual courses, the appreciation seems to be pretty much unanimous?

Brian,

Don't forget Shorty's - what I consider a world class 9 hole par-3 offering that the locals can play for free.  Until the new driving range opened up, opportunities to play it were limited given that at least 6 of the greens served as targets greens on the original (now south) range.  But, it is free to guests and the public with a donation box (Mr. Keiser donates proceeds to local charity).  When I caddied for Marvin French, Pumpkin Ridge founder, I took he and one of his buddies out after a few single malts and, with maybe 4 clubs, we had an absolute blast.  Don't pass up that opportunity if it is open and you are knackered after one or two full rounds!

Cheers

Ross Harmon

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 11:26:45 PM »
Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Any firm date on when the Preserve is opening? I'm headed to Bandon at the end of March... any chance I'll get to play it? (fingers crossed)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back