News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ward peyronnin

Voodo Golf
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:45:38 PM »
So this maybe OT and I will do my best to deliver a true architectire post sooner rather than later but here is te story

Golf is a remarkable glue, diviner, connector . Today I made a cold call to a director of golf our friend Eric Smith touted  me on. Good guy and cordial to a GCA'er but in a bit of a bind as for as welcoming me to his newly redone course. We kept taliking architecture and he was warming and then asked where i played/lived.

Told him I played at  a place called Victoria and he said "in Newburgh Indiana? i grew up across the river in Henderson, Ky . we then proceeded to recall ancient so indiana players and places and spent 45 minutes taliking. He had been round the world with Plamer golf and never really been back after he left Western Ky U. Amazing and very fun.

So many of you must have  some of these Voodoo Golf moments and what other field of endeavor can produce this kind of stuff?

Care to share
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Eric Smith

Re: Voodo Golf
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:55:04 AM »
Glad that it worked out, Wardo, and am looking forward to your report on the golf.

As to the voodoo, I can tell you that when I first met Anthony Gray, DDS, GCA, ADD, NGLA... it wasn't 10 minutes before we discovered that his good friend he grew up and went to high school with was also a buddy of mine that I worked with at a golf resort on Hilton Head; close to where you're slumming right now. 8)

Here's one - my wife and Pat Mucci's son graduated in the same class at Verona (NJ) High School. Easy for her to recall, as his name was/is...wait for it...Pat Mucci(Jr)!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back