News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

What happened to the appalling conduct of many of our Pros. Hardly any now appear on TV or are reported

What happened to the club throwing dick heads, their tantrums and general disgraceful course behaviour over the last year.

And has your TV viewing been more enjoyable for the improved manners of the players?

Melvyn

JESII

I haven't noticed any differences...can you cite some examples?

Ken Moum

If there has been--and i think it's possible--it's because the A-holes haven't been on contention as much. 

Look at who is on the top of the money list.

Luke Donald, Webb Simpson, Nick Watney, K.J. Choi, Dustin Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Bill Haas, Steve Stricker, Jason Day, David Toms, Adam Scott etc., etc.

Can you imagine a more vanilla, bland, no-temper bunch of nice guys than that???
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

JLahrman

You guys still watch golf on television?

And I thought my life was boring.

Bob_Huntley

What happened to the appalling conduct of many of our Pros. Hardly any now appear on TV or are reported

What happened to the club throwing dick heads, their tantrums and general disgraceful course behaviour over the last year.

And has your TV viewing been more enjoyable for the improved manners of the players?

Melvyn

Melvyn,

If you are referring to the professional tour I suggest you ask Tim Finchen, he is the one that fines the miscceants for their transgressions.

I am not sure about the last year but I think that over a long period of time golfing behavior has indeed improved. Tommy Bolt's foul mouthed treatment of his black caddie in a tour of South Africa many years ago would have resulted in a prison term if uttered today. I must say that the one contretempt that I would dearly have loved to witness was the one punch ko of Christy O'Connor by Harry Weetman.

No Melvyn, we do indeed live in boring times.

Bob

Bob_Huntley

the one contretempt that I would dearly have loved to witness was the one punch ko of Christy O'Connor by Harry Weetman.

Haha!! I have heard about 4 or 5 stories in relation to Christie O'Connor - all of them priceless - I must google this one and see what I can find!

Briam.

I doubt it was ever recorded by the press. Christy made a rather crude comment about Weetman's wife and Harry clocked him; Harry was a big man.

Bob

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back